MR. DELICATE

[SEASON 2 ; EPISODE 6]

Esther caresses Gabriels jaw. "Still so strong, so... full of life. Too willful to take my offer."

Esther drops his head in frustration and walks to a nearby table to pick up an athame and turns back to him. "I remember you as a little boy. Innocent, kind... If that boy had known the creature he would one day grow up to be, he'd have leapt in my arms and begged me to save him." She affectionately runs her fingers through Gabriel's hair. "I'd do anything for that little boy, as I would you." She yanks his head back by the hair and slices his throat with the athame.

Gabriel awakes with a violent start and begins to gasp and choke while Esther whispers a spell in his ear. She drops his head when she's finished and he slumps forward, falling into a deep sleep yet again.

Gia returns to Marcels loft where he sits on the couch waiting for her. "I did like you said, I kept a low profile, went all over the city. There's no sign of Gabriel anywhere."

Marcel sighs. "Yeah, the humans I know said the same thing. Maybe Klaus is having better luck?"

Just then Hayley enters the apartment. "No, he's not, which sucks, considering how low the bar is around here. Listen, you two up for a rescue mission?"

Gia stands up eagerly. "Are we going after Gabriel?"

Hayleys eye slightly twitches at the girls eagerness. "Nope. That's all Klaus. I'm talking about Oliver. Now, he, Gabriel and Elijah were fighting the werewolves together. I've heard that Oliver's been captured and is about to be executed. Now, look, if we can save Oliver, then we might be able to find out where Gabriel is."

Marcel nods. "Kay, so what do you want from us?"

"Just a little distraction. Esther's son, Finn, he's the one that's controlling the werewolves. If you can keep him out of the way, I can go get Ollie myself." Hayley murmurs.

Marcel speeds around her and blocks her exit. "You can't take on all those wolves by yourself. You'll get killed, and then I'll get killed for letting it happen."

Hayley sighs. "I'm not going in alone. The werewolves may be answering to the witches, but they still have an alpha. I just have to find him."

Klaus is in the middle of digging up esthers grave where she was buried at the former Mikaelson Mansion. He pulls the coffin out of the grill and scowls when he hears the familiar chirping of starlings in the trees. He douses the coffin in gasoline, unapologetically. "Are you watching this, Mother? Nothing says "I loathe you" quite like desecrating a corpse!"