🌺 PROLOGUE 🌺

It was at this train station, over many years ago, when the school idol group known as µ's (pronounced Muse) announced their own disbandment to themselves. Around this time, their public debut at Love Live was nearing---and so, you could only imagine how harrowing it must be, for a group consisting of nine young, persevering high school idols to put an end to their time together, right when they were about to show the world who they truly are.

After a day of hanging out with each other---playing at the arcade and eating their favorite foods, the nine school idols were waiting for their train home, when they began to bawl their eyes out, one by one.

"Don't cry!" Rin Hoshizora yelled out to her dear friend and fellow idol partner, Hanayo Koizumi. That poor girl, despite her adorable short golden-brown hair and pink eyes, was having such a hard time stopping herself from crying that she began to cover her own entire face in absolute despair.

Eventually, the other girls followed. Honoka Kosaka, Umi Sonoda, Kotori Minami, Eli Ayase, Nozomi Tojo, Maki Nishikino, and Nico Yazawa---until their sobs were so loud, that they might as well have overpowered the loud sounds of speeding bullet trains.

But to those already well-aware of µ's history, this particular tragedy might already sound very familiar. What happened afterwards, however, began a brand new story from where theirs supposedly ended.

Thus became a quiet, but contrite night, by the time all of µ's took their trains back home. A majority of the girls were already peacefully sleeping by then---except for one of their co-founders; Honoka. The girl could barely move, laying in her bed and dressed in her pajamas. Even if the lights were off, all she could ever do was stare at the ceiling, barely blinking or making a sound. Her cute yellow bowtie was nowhere to be seen on her long and similarly orange-colored hair, presumably kept away in her drawers.

Deep down, she felt the need to speak with her idol soulmates at least one more time, before the day comes when they all depart and go their separate ways. She then made her first movement since the past few hours---rising her head from her pillow, and eventually the rest of her body from her bed, reaching out for her pink-colored cellphone, and contacting the two friends she has relied on since her childhood; the long, purple-haired, and extremely disciplined Umi Sonoda, and the upbeat, olive-ponytailed Kotori Minami.

Upon greeting her friends, the trio discussed about various topics for hours on end (which will not be covered here to avoid useless filler), until they reached for the elephant in the room.

"So, about our future as µ's..." Honoka sadly asked her own friends. "We can't go our separate ways forever...right?"

Umi, bedridden on her left side, left to stare at her friends on her cellphone screen in the dark, laid out a deep sigh. 

"I don't know, Honoka..." She expressed great doubt, looking away from her phone. "I really don't know. I really hate sugarcoating all of this, but I really don't think we can be school idols forever. Eventually, we all have our own lives to deal with, one way or another."

"Sorry to say this, but I kind of agree with Umi on this one..." Kotori, also in a similar state as the other two, sadly whispered. "I suppose all we have to do now is to give it our all at Love Live..."

"Why'd you even ask?" Umi then questioned Honoka out of curiosity.

"You know...I was wondering---what if we have a second chance?" Honoka, being the optimist she is, asked her friends. "I was thinking about the day all of us come together again someday, maybe for something even bigger than Love Live itself."

"What do you mean, Honoka-chan?" Kotori asked.

"I-I was thinking...maybe a world tour!" Honoka proudly made her suggestion. "We bring back µ's someday, and we travel all around the world, performing for our fans!"

"You mean to say..." Umi clarified in response. "...leaving Japan and traveling every continent in the world as µ's?!" Her voice then raised at the shock of Honoka's suggestion.

Prideful of herself, Honoka smiled and nodded once. "Yes!"

"Ooh! That sounds absolutely wonderful!" Kotori cheerfully pleaded, closing her eyes as she rapidly clapped. "Imagine---we get to see The Eiffel Tower and the Statue of Liberty together! We'll be taking pictures, exploring the world, everyday---what an amazing idea!"

"Uhm...I'm not sure if that's even possible, though!" Umi briefly grew concerned.

"Umi, remember---we spent a year together as µ's to get into Love Live." Honoka defended her idea. "If we could do that together, even after everything we've been through, then anything is possible if you put your mind into it!"

Umi could barely respond at how powerful her speech was. "Erm...yeah...maybe you're right."

"You know, I guess that's something we can all agree on." Kotori happily tells her friends. "A few years from now, when the time is right, we bring back µ's and go around the world. Not just as a school idol group, but as a family. Who's with me?" She proudly says as her excitement brings her fist up in the air.

Honoka and Umi slightly nod, with confidence painted all over their faces.

"Yes. Someday..." Honoka says as she lies herself back to bed before sleeping.

"Someday..." She then silently whispers to herself, as she puts her phone away alongside everyone else as they head to sleep.

"One of these days..." She whispers again, as her eyes close...