⏩ SONG 3 cont.: Welcome to NYC ⏩

As Oliver walks out the hotel's doorsteps, he immediately looks both ways; filled with sidewalks, tall buildings and taxi cabs surrounding him, as he hears a group of kids singing "Jingle Bells" in the distance before putting on his Sony headphones, listening to his Death Grips playlist from Spotify. As he quietly strolls around the loud, busy streets of Brooklyn, he takes brief glimpses at the surroundings of a city he has very little experience with, excitedly preparing for the holiday season.

Beyond the long car horns, the speeding subway trains, and unintelligible New Yorker banter found all over these streets, Oliver also glances at giant, corporate buildings and street signs clothed in bright, red-and-green, neon Christmas lights---in the shapes of Santa Claus, snowflakes, reindeers, among other Christmas-related symbols. And speaking of Santa Claus, it's not a city celebrating Christmas without happy children making angels in the snow, or citizens taking selfies with Santa Claus cosplayers (some of which even came with their own elves!) He also takes a moment to stare at a giant, brightly-shining Christmas tree, decorated from head-to-toe with stars and bells.

Yes, the Christmas tree sure does look astonishing, even for Oliver's introverted, reserved little heart---as he slowly grows a smile just from watching it light up different colors. It is quite the shame though, as his time alone comes to an end once he notices Alex in the distance, also apparently taking his time away from his family to glance at the Christmas lights.

"Excuse me but..." Oliver shouts to the kid by the distance. "Do...do I know you from somewhere?"

Alex locks eyes with Oliver; and apparently neither of them seem to be happy to reunite with each other. "O-Oliver?!" he whispers in shock.

The both of them couldn't believe it; after suffering bad blood with each other back in Japan over an affair, fate has brought them both back together against their own will.

"What the hell are you doing in New York?" Alex slowly grew angry, as the duo slowly walk towards each other.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" Oliver yelled back.

Alex: "That's none of your business. In fact, you shouldn't even be here..." 

Oliver: "No way in hell am I spending my Christmas vacation when Brexit's fucking my country up. You should be the one staying away from me..."

Alex: "Don't tell me you came to America just to see me. You know who you are and you know what you did."

Oliver: "Funny you say that, considering I moved on from all that by the time I returned to England..."

And to add insult to injury, a third, deeper voice entered the scene.

"Says the guy who tried to bang that sword lady with a split personality..." it mocks Oliver. As the two look away from each other and into this mysterious challenger---Oliver couldn't believe his eyes; Elijah just so happened to also be within their distance, dressed in a fuzzy hoodie and a small bag of Pringles by his palm.

"For God's fucking sake, not you too!" Oliver sighs, as he slowly shakes his head in disappointment.

Elijah: "Gonna be honest---I dunno what the hell you're doing here, nor do I really wanna know. But I didn't come here for things to get ugly, so you should probably back the fuck out from me too."

Alex: "Hey, who's this asshole?!"

Elijah: "What a Christmas miracle, huh? Two of us, plus a British dumbass in the same room. One big happy family, if I do say so myself."

Oliver: "First of all, we're in the middle of Brooklyn, where children are watching---sorry kids---and second; I didn't even fuck Pyra, or Mythra or whoever the fuck her name is!"

Elijah shakes his head. "Yeah, you say that just 'cuz you ain't gonna admit it. I'm not fucking stupid, Oliver. Did you really think you could just come up to me thinking we got all of that completely erased from our brains, of course not."

"WHAT. THE FUCK. DO YOU EVEN WANT FROM ME." Oliver grows more pissed. "I'M ONLY HERE. BECAUSE I WANT TO CELEBRATE. CHRISTMAS WITH MY MATES. DO I NEED TO SPELL IT OUT WITH THE ENGLISH ALPHABET FOR YOU FUCKERS TO UNDERSTAND?"

"I don't really care, dude..." Alex fights back. "Christmas time or not, you have absolutely no right to be here...not after what you did to me back in Japan."

"AND THAT WAS MY FAULT?!" Oliver screams, as the trio find themselves endlessly threatening each other in the middle of the streets, attracting more than a hundred New Yorkers joining onto the scene and watching them all bicker with each other. (In fact, some of them even pulled their phones out to record such a pointless and directionless argument!)

"Fuck off! Just fuck off!" Oliver screams at the top of his lungs. "What a jolly little Christmas, fighting about random crap nobody even cares about! Ho, ho, ho!" Around this time, the trio manage to ignore police cars approaching them, even with the loud and rapidly blinking red-and-blue sirens behind their backs.

"Hey!" A senior-looking police officer yells, as he finally puts their childish bickering to an end. The trio take simultaneous glances at him, the police car behind him (still having its lights on), and immediately drop their jaws. Silence fills the streets of Brooklyn, to the point where not even the citizens watching by say a single word.

"Seems like you're gonna have to come with us." He threatens the three of them, pointing to his police car.