11

Lily took a long bathe and when she went back to the bedroom, she was relieved to find that Roman wasn't there. She didn't think she could face him now after what had happened between them. What had she even been thinking in the first place? Fucking him?

She changed into a pair of warm pyjamas and hit the bed, she would go to work as early as possible to avoid him the best she could.

*

Lily's dreams of going to work early were shattered when she woke up to Roman dressing up. His body was silhouetted so she knew it was still early morning hours. The lights were out except for a few night bulbs.

He was doing the buttons on his shirt when she sat up with a stretch.

"You are going to work with me." He said, not turning around to look at her. He must have sensed her movement and figured she was awake.

"What?" Lily frowned, breaking her yawn off.

"You are going to work with me." He repeated, tucking his blue shirt into his pants and securing his waist with a black leather belt with actual gold belt hooks.

"I heard you the first time." Lily frowned and pulled the sheets away from her body, "what do you mean, though?"

"Your face is over the media. Everyone knows who the Dalmain brothers got married to now." He informed her, flicking a switch that illuminated the room, blinding her, she had to shut her eyes tight on reflex.

Roman walked to the dresser and watched his reflection for a minute before reaching for a basket of hair tools.

Lily almost considered it a privilege to watch him shape his already perfect hair into its traditional style. 

"And so?" Lily swallowed. She knew what was up.

She reached for her phone where she had left it the night before and saw blasts of missed calls, texts and voicemails.

Her boss had been trying to reach her, his texts conveyed promises of security and a wild raise if she was going to keep her job now, of course she was, not with all the unnecessary attention that came with it though.

"Wait, what is going on?" She stood to her feet whilst going through the famous entertainment websites. Truly, her face was on the Internet but some of these sites had photoshopped her to look too good.

"Dad allowed the media in on the news, our goal has been achieved but on the other hand, it now means that your identities are more at stake. There is a very likely chance your school is filled with reporters that have nothing else to do with their lives but poke their noses into people's affairs." Roman returned the hair tools after use.

"So, what does any of it have to do with me going to work with you?" She raised one eyebrow.

"Dad is offering you a job at work." He said.

"I'm not working with you, I am going to school." Lily frowned. Terms and conditions or not, she wasn't about to make such an important decision without planning for it beforehand.

Roman stared at her blankly but he didn't argue.

He only walked towards his briefcase and left the room with it.

*
Lily continued to dial her mom as she made her way to work. She had dressed up so neatly, she had to look the title, she thought.

Getting downstairs,  there was Fred, Roman, Kim and Emily on the breakfast table. She had no idea that Emily was still around.

The men were dressed in their exotic suits with ties hanging around their neck. Lily muttered a quick good morning under her breath and hastened her steps.