15

Lily gasped in shock.

She thought she had heard him wrongly. The features of the boy in the image started to make sense to her since she had wondered why he seemed so familiar in the first place.

"Girlfriend?" She swallowed, surprisingly losing her voice to a crack.

Roman looked like he was shocked he had said his thoughts out loud. With a sigh, he lowered his voice and put the picture back into the book and stuffed his hands in his pocket. "Was."

"You don't have to lie to me." She said, unable to hide the hurt that flashed through her voice.

'she's dead.' He said like it was nothing.

"Oh." Lily blurted and felt her heart warm instantly. "I'm so sorry." She sighed. She knew she was supposed to feel sad but a part of her felt relief that this woman in question was not a part of his life anymore.

"What happened?" She wondered

"I don't want to talk about it " he said, putting the book away. Now that his brain cells had calmed a little, he had the time to look through her body and it was then he realised she was naked.

"Um, why aren't you wearing any clothes?"

Lily shook her head, "I was going to but I took the wrong bag."

"Come here," he stretched one hand in front of her, his other hand still in his pocket, and then he pulled her to his chest without waiting for her reaction.

At first, she stayed there with wide eyes but she eventually relaxed and sunk into the warmth of his chest.

"I'm sorry that I yelled at you, I don't know what came over me." He kissed her forehead and sighed.

She only nodded against his chest because she knew her voice would let her down and show him that his forehead kiss had done too much to her body.

After a few seconds of staying in that hug, they separated and he paced around the room while she got into her clothes. She didn't bother with having to look sexy for him anymore, she just wanted peace to reign, mentally promising herself she wouldn't look through any of his personal belongings any more.

"I came here to ask if you wanted to go on a tour of this place with me?" He sounded so gentle. It was obvious that he still had regrets from his actions earlier and more than likely wished he could take his words back.

"Sure." Lily sighed, hoping she could let him know there was no reason for him to feel guilty.

"I know it's not the usual camp trip or whatever but-"

"It's okay Roman, let's just go. I'm all done." She said.

He nodded and extended his hand, hoping she would take it.

She held his hand and together they left the room.

*

Lily was loving the sound the of the wind playing on the water surface as they made their way around the small camp. It was booked for the family and so it felt private since everyone was in their respective rooms minding their businesses.

Roman let go of her and pulled his phone out of his pocket. She narrowed her eyes at him and wondered what he was doing.

"We don't have any pictures together so..."

"The wedding photos?" She giggled.

"Oh." He nodded and put his phone away.

Stopping him, she shook her head, "come in, it is totally fine to take pictures silly."

Roman didn't smile but he brought his face back up.

Lily took a few steps backwards so she could take a full portrait in the selfie. She didn't realize she missed her step and was going to launch in the pool behind them.

She let out a shriek as she lost her balance. Roman tossed his phone to grab her hand but he wasn't the only one. Another mam had held her other hand and both men were able to balance her out on her heels.

She looked in the direction of the strange man, she had never seen him before. He had a nice, slender build and was almost as tall as Roman. He was wearing a short sleeved black shirt that revealed his tattoo sleeves all the way down to his wrist. There were a few piercings on his cheeks, lips, and eyebrows but his face was tattoo free and his skin was well taken care of.

His long dark hair was put up in a bun above his head.

Lily stopped scrutinising him and looked back at Roman only to find him glaring at this young man.

He pulled her with a force that yanked her hand out of the stranger's grip.

The stranger only grinned and out his hands behind his back.

"Hi." He said, walking towards them, "I'm Flynn, Flynn Dalmain." He introduced himself, stretching a hand in her direction.

Lily realised he was the last of the Dalmains. She had always wondered why she hadn't seen him but since he was family, she received his handshake with a wide smile.

"I'm Lily, nice to meet you." She said and received his hand.

If only she'd known how much problems he would bring into their lives. If only.