16

Lily stopped smiling when she noticed her husband's glare. Not knowing what to say, she forced a smile, "so we will catch you around later?"

"Oh you will." He had his eyes fixed on Roman as he said the words.

Lily held Roman's hand and pulled him forward so they could head to their destination.

"You don't seem to like Flynn very much." She pointed out.

"Stay away from him, he's a fucking bastard." Roman spat out, hatred laced through his voice.

"Why?" Lily couldn't hold back from asking.

"He's the bad egg. He's with mom." He simplified his response.

"So why is he here then?"

"Emily is still in touch with him and thinks he is still family no matter what. Of course, she would invite him." He shook his head, "let's not talk about him, tell me about you. I don't really know stuff about you." He stuffed his hands into his pockets, changing the topic.

Lily thought there was more to the story but she didn't push any buttons.

"There's nothing to know about me except that I'm a math teacher and a cat mom." She shrugged.

"Your family life?"

"I wouldn't want to bore you with that but..." she trailed off, realizing he wasn't even listening.

"Roman, listen, you don't have to ask me questions if you're uninterested, or you want to change the topic, it's fine really, let's just do something else." She told him with an assuring smile.

"I'm sorry." Roman shrugged, "he ruined my mood, now all I want to do is go back to the tent."

"That's completely fine." She offered him a smile and led the way back to their room.

*

The trip was cut short the next day because the men had an important meeting to attend to. Everyone except Emily and Flynn, left with their luggages.

Kim was disappointed but Lily felt more relief than ever, knowing that she was going back to her comfort zone, the mansion.

They all went back in the same vehicle they had come with.

Kim was tired of listening to Adrian pick multiple business calls every second. She was mostly irritated because she still despised him for his words to her.

Roman on the other hand was dealing with the matters from his computer.

Lily stayed on social media talking to her sisters as a means of distraction.

The driver dropped Kim and Lily at the mansion and proceeded to drive the men to work.

Lily couldn't help but comment as the bodyguard escorted them to the house. "You look disturbed, is something wrong?"

"Not your fucking business." Kim sharply responded, folding her arms.

"I'm sorry." Lily hurried to say under her breath.

Lim sighed and shook her head, "I'm sorry it's not your fault, I'm just so upset about a lot of things. Adrian fuckibg asked me to let go of my modeling career... Do you know how much this means to one? If i had fucking married Roman none of this would have-"

"Oh please, they are all the same. These men. I can no longer work in my school." Lily rolled her eyes, glad to know that for the first time, she was getting along with Kim.

"Why are they like this?" Kim blinked back her tears.

"Give it a minute and talk to him about it, maybe even Fred, I'm sure he will come around. " Lily assured her.