28

Roman stood up after her immediately and trailed behind her as she made her way to go upstairs, "where are you going?"

There was no response.

Lily got upstairs and noticed that Adrian and kim had taken their issues to their bedroom. As complicated as the whole matter was, she truly wished they managed to resolve things.

"Stop following me!" She snapped when Roman came into the room with her. She hadn't been disgusted by someone's attitude in such a long time.

"This is my room, I can go wherever I want." He reminded her, sitting by the edge of the bed. Lily didn't argue with him, instead, she focused on her closet and began to pack a few clothes.

"Where are you going?" She could hear the mockery in his voice and when she didn't respond, he softened his tone, "I'm sorry about earlier okay? I didn't mean it like that. I know you did nothing with him, i just think you don't stay safe enough."

"That's not for you to decide." She spun around to say.

"I agree." He stood to his feet and held her at arm's length. "I am really sorry, okay?"

"You can't keep doing this and expect me to just forgive you." She sighed. "You treat me like I'm some sort of-"

Roman didn't let her finish, he grabbed her into a hug and pressed her head against his chest. "Lily, I'm sorry. I'm stressed, my arm, work , I'm sorry." And as if he was just realising, he added, "my goodness, I'm going to be a father." Roman pulled away from her and placed his hand on his head as though he was just making sense of it. "Lily, I'm going to be a father!"

She couldn't help but chuckle, "I can't believe it either, we weren't planning to be parents so early."

"This calls for celebration, oh my goodness." He attempted to lift her by her waist but she pulled back.

"Your arm.?" She reminded him. She felt so much relief knowing that he was in a much better mood now.

He was going to say something when there was a knock on the door.

Roman answered and it was one of their maids.

"Your father has called for a family meeting, sir. He urgently requested for one." She said with her head low, Lily wondered why she looked so scared.

"I didn't know dad was around." Roman nodded at her. "We will be right there." He dismissed her.

"I think it must have something to do with Kim and your brother." Lily said her thoughts and he just shrugged. He put on a t- shirt and they both went downstairs.

Kim was sitting across from Fred in one of the couches, her face buried in her hands as small sobs escaped her lips.

Adrian was pacing around the room and it was clear that he did not want to be here but he had no choice.

"Hey dad, I haven't seen you in a while." Roman started to say. He was acting as if he didn't care about what he had seen happen with Kim.

"We were waiting for you." Fred stood to his feet as well and stuffed his hands into his pocket.

"Well, I'm here now." Roman beckoned Lily to sit by his side.

"I'm sure you saw what was going on with that woman and her brother." Fred pointed at Kim, a look of disgust on his face.

"He's not my brother, I already explained to Adrian." Kim spoke through her sobs. Her eyes were swollen and she looked exhausted. She was wearing a long red gown and she made her way to Adrian and went on her knees. "I've begged you before, and I will do it again, I'm sorry."

"It's not enough!" He barked, his eyes were red and he must have cried too.

Lily was astonished by that. She didn't think that he would care as much because she didn't know they would be emotionally attached.

"So, we have decided that she's leaving." Fred began to say.

Kim increased her sobs and they soon graduated to wails, "Adrian, I really have no where to go, I'm changed, I promise."

He was making his way to leave the room when Kim held his hand to stop his movement and added in a whisper sob, "please, just one more chance, please."

"I really thought we could be something." He sighed and slowly slipped away from her hold, heading back upstairs.

Lily's heart shattered. She felt like she was part of some horrific movie.

"Dad, why did you feel the need to involve my wife and I in this?" Roman frowned. Lily still wasn't used to the title and so her stomach did a little flip.

"Actually, no." Fred shook his head, "in fact, I'd like to talk to you alone." His eyes went to Lily and she stood to her feet in understanding and went to Kim's side.

"Come on."

Kim was too tired to argue, she just followed Lily upstairs, sniffing every second.

When they were alone, Lily offered her a glass of water to which Kim shook her head to.

There was silence in the room except from a few sniffs coming from Kim every now and then.

"Why did you do it?"

"I loved James, I didn't think I'd get caught, I don't know why I'm so affected by Adrian's reaction." She said, drying her nose with the back of her palm.

Lily nodded, not expecting her to have responded in the first place. She brought her a box of tissues from the bathroom.

"But he cares so much, I don't know what I'm supposed to do, or where to go." Her voice trailed into a whimper. "I don't have a family to go to, I'm just..." she trailed off into another wail.

Lily felt tears sting her eyes and reflexively pulled Kim into a hug and pressed her head against her chest, giving her hair gentle strokes.

Kim tightened her arms around her, "help me, what do I do from here? He doesn't even want to hear what I have to say."

Lily was going to respond when the door slammed open with a force.

Both women jerked away from each other and found Roman panting heavily at the door.

He looked scared.

Lily stood to her feet sharply, "Roman, what's wrong?" She asked with fear in her tone.