Chapter 4

(*After School*)

  I exited the school, heading back to the dorms.

  "Eren, wait up!" A voice called out to me. 

  I stopped and turned around to see who it was. It was Deku.

  I said to him "Hey, Deku. What's up?" 

  "Hi, Eren. How's your first day?" 

  "It was okay. Math class made my head hurt though." 

  "You'll get used to it. By the way, what does the symbol on your cloak mean?"

  I heard another voice say "Yeah, what does it mean? It must mean something." 

  I turned to my left, and it was a boy with red spikey hair.

  I felt homesick when they asked that question. 

  I replied with "I'll answer your question at the dorms."

  We made it to the dorms, and some people were already there.

  Mina looked at me. She approached me and said "Hi Eren! I forgot to tell you that your combat moves were amazing back at All Might's class."

  "Oh, thanks, Mina," I told her. I told Deku and the red-haired boy "Let's finish the stuff we need to finish before I explain."

  "Explain what?" Mina interrogated me. 

  Deku responded, "He's going to tell us what the symbol on his hero costume cloak means."

  "Oh yeah. I never even thought about it." She said. 

  "I'll meet you at one of the couches when I'm done," I told them.

  I walked over to the elevator and clicked the button to go up. The door opened, and liked the button labeled '4'. I felt the door go up. The door opened and went to the room farthest away. 

  I entered my dorm room and saw a note on my desk. I walked over to my desk and read the note "Hi, Jeager. This is Aizawa. Sorry for writing you notes a lot. Anyways, I need to text you about your work-study agency. Here is my phone number: ***-***-****.)

  I took out my phone and inserted the phone number. I texted the number "Mr. Aizawa?" 

  He replied with "Hi Jeager. I'm assuming you saw my note on your desk. Let me talk about where you are going for your work studies."

  "What about it?" I texted.

  The text said "All Might told me about your combat skills in class. I told the agencies about it immediately, and one of the agencies gave me feedback on it. The __________ agency accepted you."

  I said to him "Really? That's amazing! When do I start?"

  He told me "Your work-study starts tomorrow. You will have work-studies every Thursday." 

  "Okay. Thank you for letting me know!" I thanked Aizawa.

  I turned off my phone and put it down on my study desk.

  I yelled out in excitement "Yes! I got in the ___________ agency!" 

  "Shut the ƒuçk up!" An exasperated voice yelled at me. 

  I called out to the voice "Sorry!"

  I changed out of my uniform and wore some comfy clothes. I wore a dark green hoodie with black sleeves. I put on some jeans and socks too. I began doing my homework after. 

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

  I was finally done with homework. Even though I learned the lesson quickly, doing it was difficult. In the end, I finished it. 

  I'd meet Deku and the red-haired guy in the common area, as agreed. It was 5:37 p.m., according to my alarm clock. I snatched up my phone and stuffed it into the pocket of my hoodie. I walked out of my room and into the common area.

  I made it to the common area and saw Deku, Mina, and the red-haired boy at the couches. I went up to them and sat down next to the red-haired boy.

  "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. How unmanly of me. I'm Ejiro Kirishima. Nice to meet you, Jeager." The red-haired boy introduced himself.

  I told him "Call me Eren, Ejiro." 

  "So, what does the symbol on your hero cloak mean?" Deku asked me with his notebook and pencil out.

  I think he wants to record all of this. 

  I explained to them "The symbol on my cloak is the wings of freedom." 

  "The wings of freedom? Interesting..." Deku analyzed while writing in his notebook.

  I decided to lie to them a bit, so I continued explaining with "I lived in a town surrounded by big walls. Some scouts go out of town and fight extremely deadly animals outside the walls, and they end up getting eaten by them. One day, those creatures broke through the walls and ate my mom."

  "Really?!?! That's terrible! I'm sorry for your loss." Mina responded in worry. 

  "It's fine, Mina. It's not your fault, and it happened a few years ago. Anyways, me and my friend, Armin, always dreamed of going outside the walls and seeing the ocean. Luckily, we did see the ocean. Now, I kind of miss them."

  Deku said "That's interesting. What are those creatures?"

  I was lightning struck. I didn't know what to say. 

  For the best, I answered "I-I can't say. Sorry, Deku."

  "It's fine, Eren. What were your parents like?" Mina asked.

  I reacted with "I didn't really listen to my mother when I was young. My dad was a doctor back then." 

  "Your father died too? How did he die?" Mina asked me. 

  I got terrified when Mina asked me that, remembering the time I ate my dad as a pure titan.

  "EREN-BRO!!! EREN-BRO!!! CAN YOU HEAR ME?!?!?! EREN JEAGER!!!" A voice called out to me.

  Thinking that my father was calling to me, I replied with "Yes, father?" 

  "Thank God. You were breathing fast. It looked like you thinking of something horrific!" Ejiro described. 

  Mina apologized to me "I'm sorry for asking you that question, Eren!" 

  "It's alright, Mina. Anyways, my dad was eaten too." I said to her.

  We heard a voice calling out to us "Is everyone okay? I heard yelling here."

  I looked behind me, and I saw the brown-haired girl.

  "Yeah, we're okay," I answered 

  She said to me "By the way, I'm Ochaco Uraraka. We can be friends, Jeager."

  "Sure, Ochaco. You can call me Eren." I told her.

  For the rest of the day, Deku, Mina, Kirishima, Ochaco, and I hung out and got to know each other more. It was fun hanging out with some new friends, but I miss Mikasa and Armin. I wonder what they are doing right now. I hope they are okay.

---------

Words: 1066

Hello! How's your day? I'll upload a bit slower now since I haven't figured out the entire plot for the story yet. I also need to upload more on my YouTube channel, and I need to work on stuff. Don't worry. I won't take super long breaks, like a month. I hope you understand. Enjoy your day! <3