Chapter 22

(*Eren's POV; Minutes later*)

After I dried my hair and put on a fresh set of clothes, I went out into the common room to see the Scouts talking to my class.

Ashido looked over at me, and said to the scouts "Could you give us a moment?"

Captain Levi sighed and replied with "Only for five minutes."

They all got up and made their way to the kitchen.

I went over to my class, knowing that they wanted to have a word with me.

"What do you need?" I questioned them in a bored tone.

Kirishima told me "Hey, bro. Sorry for judging you just because of your quirk. That wasn't very manly of me."

The whole class said sorry in unison, not able to hear each of them.

"LISTEN HERE, GIANT BOY!!!" The angry pomeranian yelled.

It pierced through the chatter that everyone fell quiet after.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay?" He apologized.

I never thought that he would say sorry. I thought he would just make it worse, like yelling even louder!

"Heh, I never thought you would say sorry." I responded. "As for all of you, I forgive you. I've been in worse situations with my quirk."

"What do you mean?" Kaminari interrogated me.
I heard the worry in his voice. I knew I had to tell them.

I explained to them, "I was a member of a military that lacked quirks back then, and I didn't know how I stood out.". When I discovered it, they saw me as a threat. They threatened to kill me. Good thing Armin was there! He was able to reason them out!"

"You got your quirk late?" Jiro asked me.

I nodded.

Ashido commented "Cool! You're just like Deku then!"

'Deku got his quirk late? Never heard of it, but okay.'

"You shouldn't join the military. It's legal for you to join at 18, but you're only 16!" Tenya told me.

I said to him "Well, I'm 15, and the legal age to join the military is 15 (I think)!"

"Wow! You must be very brave to risk your life out there at such a young age!" Momo commented.

"Thanks!" I replied.

Denki then asked me "Hey, I'm just wondering, why did you come to U.A.?"

Murmurs spread around the class like wildfire.

That is a question I couldn't answer. I was offered a place here since I was randomly teleported here. Man, I still remember that day like it was yesterday.

The flashbacks of my mom getting eaten by the titan crossed my mind. It was painful to think about, but it also got me something to tell them.

I described to them "I wanted to become one of the first heroes in my country. I also have titans there. My goal is to get rid of them while saving the people of my country from them."

I'm curious as to where you live since you mentioned that. Clearly, you're not from Japan." Tokoyami interrogated me.

I wasn't ready for that. The only thing I could do was be honest with them from this point on.

"I'm from Paradis," I replied. "It's a small country near Japan."

"Hmm... interesting. I never heard of it," Tenya said.