xxx. baby, we're getting rich

Chapter Thirty: Baby, We're Getting Rich

AVA HAD NEVER felt more ready for anything in her life. Tonight was the night, they were going to find the gold.

"Alright you guys got rope?" John B asked.

"Got it." Pope assured.

"Grappling hook?" He asked next.

Ava shook her head. "Bro, what?"

"We don't have a grappling hook." Pope said. "We're not batman."

They pulled up to the Crain residence. "Dark clothes?"

"Yes."

"Flashlights?"

"Got it all, JB."

John B hopped out and went around to open the side door. They all got up to leave when he stoped them. "Wait, wait. I wanna say thank you guys, seriously. It means a lot to me that you're here tonight." He told them sincerely.

"Gross." Ava rolled her eyes, grabbing her flashlight and hopping out of van. "Let's go get rich." They all climbed out, arranging their things before getting over the wall. "This place is a ton creepier at night."

JJ came up behind her, placing his hands on her waist. "Don't worry, I'll protect you." He whispered in her ear. She shook her head as they continued toward the house.

They were making their way to the front when lights turned on, catching them in the act.

"Shit."

"Oh fuck, we're gonna die." Ava dove behind a bush, the rest followed quickly.

"Flashlights." They turned off the lights.

"Okay. so she has motion sensor lights." Pope pointed out.

Ava groaned. "We're so screwed."

"We could uh.. move really slowly, maybe?" JJ suggested.

"Yeah, that's not how it works."

"Oh shit." John B caught everyone's attention. "Let's throw a rock at it." He nodded, as if it was a good idea.

"Are you fucking stupid, JB?"

"That's a really good idea actually, let the axe murderer know we're here." Kie said sarcastically, shaking her head.

"Throw a rock at it? Come on." Pope also shook his head.

"You have a better idea?" John B asked.

"Literally anything but that."

"What about the breaker?" Sarah spoke up. "In the circuit box on the porch. We used to play hide and seek here as kids, and if we were brave enough we'd go up to the porch, I've seen it." She explained.

John B shook his head. "No, no. You're not going in that house alone."

Sarah scoffed. "Watch me."