xx. nothing wrong with a bit of fire

SOMETHING NEW
Chapter Twenty: Nothing Wrong With a Bit of Fire

AVA HOPPED OUT of the shower, wrapping a towel around herself. She wiped down the foggy mirror with her hand, her blue hair stuck to her warm skin. The bruise on her cheek was barely visible, however her knuckles were much darker, the surface wound angered from when she had washed her hair. Ava quickly threw on her clothes, then towel dried her hair seeing as there was no power on The Cut and she wasn't able to use a blow dryer. She hung the towel up and grabbed her old clothes before walking out of the bathroom, Corrine was on the couch, flipping through some old magazine.

Ava sighed, throwing her dirty laundry into a hamper in her room than sitting next to her mother. "How was your morning?" She asked, intertwining her fingers.

Corrine leaned back. "It was alright. How does your hand feel?"

The girl shrugged. "Not the first time I've had busted knuckles, mom." A knock on the front door caught their attention, Ava quickly stood to answer it as Cammy barked at the noise. She opened the door to find Kie standing there, Pope and JJ standing a few feet away. "What's up, guys?" The lack of John B made her look outside to the right at his home.

"Hey, look, I'm sorry for snapping at you like I did." Kie apologized, then looked back at the boys. "We were wondering if you wanted to see a movie with us?"

"Um, sure. Let me grab something real quick." Ava ran to her room and grabbed a joint she had rolled before her shower, it would help when having to talk to JJ. She notified her mom and then told her not to have any deadbeats over while she was gone.

Kie smiled as Ava exited the house. "Ready?" She nodded while they began their walk to Figure Eight where Kie said the movie was being held.

Ava walked slowly, letting Kie and Pope get ahead of her and JJ. She lit the joint then grabbed the blonde's wrist pulling him back so he was next to her, she then offered him the joint. He accepted, taking a hit and handing it back. "I shouldn't have yelled at you and I know that, but Ava, my whole life I've been called stupid and not good enough. You're the only person who doesn't treat me like that, this morning though, you made me feel stupid, I get that it was stupid and impulsive but I mean, those Kooks bashed Pope's face in, there was no way I was just gonna let it slide."

Ava nodded, inhaling the smoke of the joint then passed it to JJ again. "I never meant to make you feel like that J, I just didn't get how neither of you thought about it. It's Figure Eight, those rich bitches don't miss a beat, remember?" She shook her head taking the joint back and hitting it. "I would never intentionally hurt you." Her voice was quieter than she expected.

"I know, baby." He smirked as Ava rolled her eyes. Just like that, they were back to being Ava and JJ.

"Don't call me that." She protested, pulling her hand back when JJ only laughed and reached for the delicate creation in her hand.

"Oh, come on. You know you love it." He teased, his fingers brushed against her wrist, when he did so, Ava's skin felt the heat of the electricity that shot to her fingertips, stunning her enough for JJ to grab the joint with no further problems.

A breath left her lips as she watched him take a drag. "I hate you."

"You love me."