iv. five hundred g's easy

SOMETHING NEW
Chapter Four: Five Hundred G's easy

AVA POPPED OPEN a beer that Kiara so generously supplied for the group. "Beer in bottles is much better than in a can." She said taking a sip.

"We know, you've told us like a million times." John B mumbled.

JJ nodded. "Let me show you a party trick." He moved to the bow of the boat where Ava was sat. "Pope, can you go a little faster please?" He asked, the blue haired girl groaned knowing what JJ was about to do.

"Oh God, here we go. I'm moving." John B moved to sit near the back of the boat.

Pope rolled his eyes speeding up. "You've tried this like six thousand times." He told JJ.

The boy shook his head. "I got this, it's gonna work." As the boat went faster JJ lifted the bottle of beer to try and catch the liquor in his mouth.

The beer missed JJ's mouth instead spraying on the girls and Cammy. "You're getting beer in my hair!" Kie complained standing up.

"JJ, my dog!" Ava exclaimed as the dog shook the beer out of her fur.

"Alright, Alright. Stop." Pope lifted his hand to sheild his face from the beer and the sun.

The boat suddenly stopped, sending everyone forward. JJ was launched into the water as Ava tripped over Cammy and fell overboard as well. At the sight of her owner landing in the water, Cammy began barking before jumping in. Ava surfaced, coughing and spitting out water. "What the fuck, Pope?" She whistled when she saw Cammy looking for her.

"I think my heels touched the back of my head." JJ groaned when he reached the surface. "Pope, what did you do?" He asked swimming over to Ava. "You alright?"

Ava nodded waving him off. "Yeah, I'm good." Cammy licked the girl's face.

"Sandbar." Pope said. "The channel changed."

"No shit." JJ shook his head, him, Ava and her dog began swimming back to the boat.

John B whined. "Ugh. This is probably gonna mess the whole place up." He sat on the wall of the boat.

"Hey, I saved the beer though."

"Congrats, JJ." Ava rolled her eyes lifting her dog into The Pouge.

Pope stood up on the bow, looking into the water. "Guys..." He caught everyone's attention. "I think there's a boat down there."

"Shut up."

"No way."

"No. No, guys I'm being serious." Pope pointed toward the water, his tone filled with a bit of worry. "There's, like a boat down there for real." JJ and Ava looked to where he was pointing, seeing the faint outline of a boat. "It's a boat." Pope told Kie and John as they joined him on the bow.

"Holy shit. He's right, let's go." Kie began taking off her shorts as John B stripped off his tank top, diving into the water between Ava and JJ. Kie following close behind.

"You think there's a dead body in there?" Pope asked taking off his button up. "Guys wait up." He tossed his hat away jumping into the water.