vii. water and bullets

SOMETHING NEW
Chapter Seven: Water and Bullets

THE BONEYARD. A lovely (or not so lovely, depending on how you veiw it) beach where most of Outer Banks Keggers were held. The Boneyard was on The Cut, however if Kooks caught a whiff of a party they'd come down in multiples seeing as getting drunk and causing trouble was a Kook's only personality trait. But for now it was only the crew who were filling up on beers, and smoking joints that Ava supplied. "After today, I am planning on getting totally shit faced and not remember a god damn thing in the morning." The blue haired girl said as she poured another drink.

"I'm with you, Princess." JJ agreed, sipping his own beer.

Ava glared at him as the rest of their friends greeted some people who had just arrived. "Don't call me that, JJ." She walked over to John B and Kiara who were talking to some tourons, The Pouges offering cups of beer.

"Hey." A tall, brown eyed touron caught Ava's attention with a bright smile.

Ava grinned, holding a cup out toward the boy. "Want a beer?" She raised an eyebrow at him as he took it.

"Thank you." He politely said, still smiling. "You from Outer Banks?" Running a hand through the dirty blonde hair on his head as he questioned her.

"Born and Raised. How long are you staying?" Ava sarcastically asked, tilting her head as her grin turned to a smirk. Tourons only ever stayed a week on the island, they had money like The Kooks, they just weren't as permanent.

"Leaving tomorrow." He answered, taking a drink of beer as more pouges and tourons arrived at the boneyard. Then he held his hand out toward her. "Ethan, it's nice to meet you."

She shook his hand. "Ava." She introduced herself. "Ya know, traveling with a hangover isn't the smartest thing to do." Ava told him, pulling a joint out of her pocket. "Do you smoke?" She asked, lighting it.

"Uh, yeah." Ethan nodded, taking the joint as Ava held it out to him. He took a puff and coughed lightly, the girl chuckled in amusement. "It's been awhile." He said passing the weed back.

A smile crept onto her face. "I'm sure it has." Ava winked, taking a step back before turning on her heal. "See ya around, Ethan." She called over her shoulder to join John B who was stood watching the party grow bigger. "Want some?" Ava lifted her joint in John's direction.

"Don't mind if I do." He took the joint and happily smoked. Ava's eyes scanned over the faces when she found JJ talking to a blonde girl, her head tilted slightly in disappointment, she shook the thought out of her head, rolling her eyes at herself for being so annoyed. JJ could do what he wanted, Ava was no one to hold him back from anything. Instead of staring at the boy, Ava looked toward the sunset where she saw Sarah Cameron climb up on a beached, metal buoy.

"Kook Princess is here." She pointed toward the girl, John B following then shrugging at the sight. Ava didn't exactly have anything against Sarah but her best friend did and Pouge loyalty trumps anything and everything. However if Sarah was there Rafe Cameron must be floating around somewhere near which wrapped Ava in a suffocating blanket of discomfort.

"What the hell is she doing here?" Ava and John B turned around to see Kie with a look of disgust on her face. Ava shook her head and shrugged, looking back at the girl, Sarah was definitely a pretty face, not hard on the eyes at all. Kie rolled her eyes then walked away from the two who were watching as Topper arrived to help Sarah.