xv. whole lotta cash

SOMETHING NEW
Chapter Fifteen: Whole Lotta Cash

THE POUGES WERE on their boat in bathing suits, Cammy laid down at John B's feet. Ava had her legs resting in JJ's lap when a low whistle fell passed his lips. "Look at that." He nodded toward a boat coming their way. Ava lifted her sunglasses to get a better look. "That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the world's finest wakesetter. Number one in luxury, quality and performance. 200K, easy." He listed off.

Ava smiled. "If only your brain could handle that much book smarts."

He scoffed, a fake expression of hurt on his face as he held his chest as if his pride had been struck, Ava only rolled her eyes. "We picked the wrong parents." Pope complained.

"I hate to break it you guys but that's Topper and his girlfriend." Kie said while the boats passed eachother. "You don't have to act like you don't see us bitch."

Ava sat up to look at the couple from behind before shrugging. "You know what, Sarah's ass looks kinda good in that one piece." She pulled her sunglasses back down over eyes as she rested her head on her hands, letting the sun bathe her as the boys laughed at her comment, Ava smirked to herself. Her head lulled to the side to seeing Kie glaring at her. "Oh come on Kie, you know that I love your ass, I'd pick you over a Kook any day." The girl rolled her eyes but couldn't help but smile at her best friend.

___

The group pulled up to a hotel in Figure Eight that JJ worked at. "Alright, keep a look out. We are behind enemy lines." He pulled his gun from the compartment in the dashboard.

"J, come on don't be an idiot." Ava sighed.

"Yo, come on man, just put it back." John B told the boy as Pope got out of the Twinkie and stood next to the passenger side window.

"What?" JJ shrugged flaunting the gun. "You can never be too careful."

"Hey, I predict bringing a weapon into a four star hotel will likely cause more problems than it solves." Pope said looking at JJ seriously.

John B nodded. "Thank you, Pope."

Kie climbed between the front seat. "I swear to God, I'm gonna throw that thing in the ocean, JJ. Put it back." She moved out of the van will Ava behind her. Ava pushed Pope out of the way lightly.

"J." She caught the blonde's attention, he smiled at her. Ava shook her head. "You're not taking it with you, put it away." John B pulled the weapon out of JJ's hand, throwing it into the dashboard.

"There you go." Pope said with a smile and nod.

JJ looked at John B. "You can't grab a gun like that." He said. "Can't forget my badge." He grabbed his badge and hopped out of the vehicle, slinging and arm around Ava. "Professional busboy." He held up the card, Ava laughed at his ID picture before he hooked it onto one of the belt loops on his shorts. He then began weaving through the maze of cars and toward the hotel.

"So where are we going now?" Pope asked following after JJ and Ava, Kie and John B behind him.

"We are going go to get on the internet because only rich people have electricity right now." JJ informed as Ava scoffed.