Chapter 5

Dream's POV

'This is a terrible idea' I was standing in the front hall, waiting patiently. I looked up and traced the delicate woodwork on the pillars with my eyes, I kept my head facing up as I walked in circles, my eyes were glued to the designs. A sudden voice made me jump out of my trance, I was so startled that I turned around and tripped on my own feet, stumbling forward. "Graceful." A monotone voice commented, I laughed sheepishly "What are you doing here Dream?" I crossed my arms and walked towards Techno, "You promised you'd paint me." I laced my fingers together behind my back. He seemed taken aback, "Did you not remember your own promise? I'm hurt!" I said teasingly, he rolled his eyes and started to walk. "Come on."

We started walking down the hallway, Techno hasn't said anything to me, actually he looks frustrated. As much as I would love to pick his brain I have my own reputation to hold up. Plus I don't know him well enough to ask him 'Hey are you ok, I'm here if you want to talk' I just met the guy almost 2 days ago! That would be absurd and rude to ask personal questions like that.

I followed next to Techno. "I take it you usually don't have company." Techno snorted a little and glanced at me "What makes you say that?" I smirked and looked at my nails. "Usually people would talk to their guests and make conversation." Techno seemed at a loss for words. "Caught ya." I laugh and spin on my heels looking around the hallway. "Kingdom's architecture has always intrigued me...what about you?" Techno looked up at the pillars "Never seemed to notice." I hummed and continued walking "So how are you going to paint me? I remember you saying how much you hate posing..." Techno hummed. "You remembered."

I laughed, "I can remember things unlike some people." Techno nudged my side playfully, "As for how we are going to do this. I am going to hang out with you for the day, if I see the real you then I will remember it." I nodded at him, "Then what are we going to do?" Techno smiled and offered his hand, I took it. He pulled me through the halls. Right, left, right, right left. It seemed like it was a never ending hall. Finally we made it to a garden, there were trees and flowers littered everywhere, Cherry blossoms were hanging over the door. Petals were falling around us as the wind shook the trees. I gasped and started walking forward, taking in the scenery. "This is..." I couldn't think of anything to say.

"Beautiful?" Techno said, I looked over at him, "Magical" I smiled and sat down on the grass. I patted the grass next to me, Techno sat down next to me. "Are we just going to sit here and watch the flowers?" I asked, Techno shrugged. I laid down and closed my eyes, I felt the heat of the summer surrounding me, the calm breeze that was barely noticeable. "I love the quiet. Don't you, it's so relaxing and calming." Techno said, I didn't reply. 10 minutes passed by, I still had my eyes closed and hadn't said a word. "Hey, Dreamy. Are you still alive?" I opened my eyes and sat up "Dreamy?" I questioned. "It seems like it suits you." I laughed and shoved Techno slightly, he gave me a tiny nudge back. I stood up and threw some petals at Techno. I ran through the garden, laughing. I left Techno to himself while I tried to find a place to hide.

3rd Person's POV

"Oh you're going to pay for that." Techno said standing up, he ran in the same direction that Dream went. Dream heard Techno so he climbed up a tree and hid in the branches, Techno ran past him. Dream thought Techno was out of range so he climbed down, suddenly something came from behind him and brought him to the ground. Dream recognized the voice "I got you." Dream rolled his eyes and pushed Techno off him. With a small smile he took off running again, Techno was closely following this time. Dream weaved through trees, Techno was slowly gaining on him. Dream stopped in front of a puddle, Techno didn't stop fast enough . Dream did a side step and let Techno go straight into a puddle.

Dream was having a fit of laughter as Techno stood up in the puddle, his clothes were damp and his hair was a mess. Techno looked over at Dream and saw him laughing, being salty Techno pulled Dream into the puddle. Dream looked at Techno with anger, he splashed Techno, getting him even more wet than before. "That's what you get for letting me go in first." Techno said walking out of the puddle. Dream was still sitting down in the puddle, Techno offered him a hand which Dream gladly took and pulled himself up. "I caught you again. What's my prize?" Techno asked as they moved closer to each other. Dream teasingly leaned in and whispered "You get to hang out with me."

 Techno pulled back as did Dream, they both started walking back towards their original spot. On the way Dream asked about the different types of flowers, Techno answered each question to the best of his knowledge. Flowers were more of Tommy's area of expertise, making their way back to the original spot Dream decided to ask Techno "What have you learned so far." Techno looked over at Dream, smirking "You love to have fun, definitely like to cause chaos. You have secrets though and without getting to know those secrets can't paint you." Dream sat down in his original spot "Is that the true reason or do I intrigue you enough to come up with an excuse to hang out with me?" Techno shrugged "Take it however you will."

Dream's POV

I felt eyes on us as we laid back down, looking up on the balcony above I saw Wilbur he was smiling down at me. I smiled back and waved, he nodded and walked back inside. Looking back over at Techno I watched his flyaway strands of hair flow in the wind, his eyes were closed...he looks so peaceful here. 'Damn you Wilbur. You got me stuck in a situation I was trying to avoid.' I looked back at the sky, 'Now I don't know if I can leave.' I closed my eyes, enjoying the quiet.

:)

(No review)