Chapter 13

New cover, very pog.

Gonna try to update Friday too so that might be cool.

This took so long 😭😭

3rd Person's POV

Dream walked to work, still feeling the high of this morning running through his veins. Wilburs words repeated in his head. 'You have to go on a date with me. You have to go on a date with me. You have to go on a date with me.' A small blush followed his thoughts as he entered the door to the small cafe. Bad-as always-was behind the counter with a smile on his face. Dream grabbed his apron and notepad before sitting on a stool and leaning his head over the counter, a lovefelt sigh came from his mouth as he placed his head on the counter. Bad looked over at Dream watching the change in attitude. Dream unburied his head from his arms and looked at the wall behind the counter, a small rose hue showed on his face as he watched the wall.

Bad moved over towards Dream, Dream didn't even look his way as he was lost in thought. "Boop" Dream felt a poke at the side of his head and snapped out of his thoughts, he looked over at Bad who had an all knowing cheeky grin. "So, is the person invading your thoughts the same one who made you miss last night's shift?" Dream looked at Bad embarrassed and surprised. Oh fucking- I completely forgot about my shift yesterday. I was too caught up with Wilbur-oh god I'm a bad friend. "What?! N-no, why would you think that?" Bad leaned on the counter watching Dreams face heat up in embarrassment while Dream avoided eye contact. "It's not everyday I see my best friend staring at the wall like it's some muffin's. Plus you almost never miss a shift." Dream grumbled something in retaliation but Bad kept going.

"Tell me you muffin! Who is this mysterious romeo?" Dream scoffed at Bad's lame nickname for Wilbur. Dream felt a sudden wave of shame coming over him. I am dating the brother of the boy who broke my heart...I'm such an ass. "I'm thinking about..." Dream mumbled the last part so Bad didn't hear the full answer. "Sorry what?" Dream repeated the name a little louder but Bad still couldn't hear the name. "What are you saying?!" Bad chuckled, "I'm thinking about Wilbur." Dream said loudly, the noise in the cafe stopped and all eyes were on Dream. "Sorry everyone." Dream said quickly, Karl;a fellow waiter, joined their conversation. "This wouldn't happen to be the newly crowned Prince. As in Prince Wilbur, right?"

"Of course not." Dream said with a nervous chuckle. "Sure, sure." Karl said teasingly, "As long as we are kept in the loop, we won't bother you that much. Now we have customers so both of you. Go, do some work." Bad shooed them both away so they all could go start working instead of making fun of Dream's love life. Karl stuck his tongue out at Bad before doing what he was told, Dream laughed at his childish antics while Bad just scoffed. Dream walked up to his first table which just so happened to be the town's local pub owner-Minx. "Hey Minx! How has the pub been?" Minx smiled at Dream as she spoke with her heavy accent "It's been great! How's Wilbur?" Dream blushed slightly and rubbed the back of his neck. "So you heard?" Minx laughed "Listen you little shit, I think almost everyone heard the way you were yelling."

Dream looked over his shoulder paranoid of the eyes watching him. "Moving on, what's been going on with you lately? I haven't spoken to you in...in...forever" Dream said, focusing his attention back on Minx. "Well I got a girlfriend, you might know her. Niki, leader of the summer territories." Dream looked shocked but he let out some airy chuckles. "So you are behind the scandal of the engagement." Dream said playfully, Minx gave a small laugh. "Well now it's more like you and I are behind the scandal." Dream rolled his eyes and took out his notepad.

"True, true...Anyway what can I get you?"

______________________________________________________

Techno walked around the halls of the castle mindlessly, he couldn't get the conversation Wilbur had with Phil out of his head. He let out a small groan and made his way into the library, hoping to find some peace amongst the thousands of books. He grabbed a book that went over different military tactics. 'Better start now than later.' Techno thought as he sat on the couch and opened the book.