Chapter 10

3rd Person's POV

~3 weeks later~ (September 2nd.)

Wilbur hurried to the throne room, an unexpected visitor decided to show up. "I wasn't expecting to see you here anytime soon." The women turned around and smiled at Wilbur. "I wasn't planning on it but Wilbur," she paused to make sure she had his attention "we need to talk." Wilbur said nothing and guided her out of the throne room.

Dream walked into Bad's bakery, there was chatter around the village regarding recent news with the castle. Dream noticed the chatter and whispers but paid no mind to it thinking they were the normal round of rumors. "Hey Dream!" Bad said in his normal cheerful voice as he waved at Dream with his mittens. "Hey Bad!" Dream leaned over the counter. "What is today's rumor?" Dream asked jokingly, his mood faltered when he saw Bad's surprised face. "You don't know?" Bad questioned making Dream shake his head. "It's all over town!" Bad took off his mittens and rummaged around his counter looking for something. "What is Bad?" Dream asked, confused as Bad tossed a newspaper towards Dream.

"Read it." Dream looked at Bad confused before looking at the front page news. Dream's eyes widened as he kept reading the paper, he looked between Bad and the paper before finally saying. "I have to go Bad. I will see you tonight for my shift." Bad nodded and said goodbye, Dream waved goodbye and walked out of the bakery. As soon as Dream was down the road he took off, he raced through town ignoring the waves and calls of his name. Dream saw the castle and picked up his speed, he raced past the guards. "What's the rush Dream?" One guard asked, Dream stopped himself and walked back to the guard post."I have to see Wilbur and ask what the hell is wrong with him." Both guards looked at each other, Dream sighed "No. I'm not going to kill him." Dream said sarcastically. The guards nodded and moved out of the way and let Dream through the front door. 

Dream jogged through the castle looking for Wilbur. He felt like he was going in circles until he heard a familiar laugh and followed the sound. He spotted him talking to Ranboo and Tommy."Wilbur! What the hell are you thinking!" Dream yelled, making his way over to Wilbur. Ranboo and Tommy looked at each other before quietly excusing themselves "Someone pissed Dream off again." Tommy whispered to Ranboo, snickering as they walked down the hall. "What do you mean?" Wilbur asked, looking over at Dream calmly, only pissing off Dream more. "Why would you call off your engagement with Niki? What about your treaty with The Summer Territories." Dream pushed a paper into Wilburs hands, Wilbur smiled as he read the head article. "Wipe that smile off your face and explain."

"We need to talk." Wilbur said nothing and guided her out of the throne room. Wilbur guided Niki to another room. "Let's talk here." Wilbur said and opened the door for Niki, letting her in first. "I have come to talk about the treaty." Niki said as she sat down in one of the chairs. "What about it?" Niki sighed and placed her hands on Wilburs. "I don't want to marry you." Wilbur looked over at Niki surprised. "I know the marrying part was for you so you don't have to marry someone you don't want but I don't think I can go through with it." Niki's voice was pleading.

Wilbur pulled back his hands but nodded, "might I ask why?" Niki smiled and let her hands fall into her lap. "I like this local bar owner, we have been going out for a while...It's serious too, which is why I had to come talk about this engagement." Wilbur laughed "That's fine, no engagement needed if that's what you want but we are at least going to keep the economic partnership." Niki nodded and pulled out a pre drafted treaty. "I knew you would understand." She said cheekily, Wilbur smiled and sighed at the treaty "same terms as last time, excluding the engagement?" "Of course!" Wilbur signed and handed the treaty back "Pleasure doing business."

"That still doesn't explain why you signed it." Dream said as he looked back at the newspaper. "Well, Niki and I never really liked each other past friends, so we agreed to call the engagement off but still keep the treaty intact. It was a win-win, she found someone else that actually captured her heart." Wilbur started to walk away while Dream just stared at him shocked. "What about you? What did you win?" Dream yelled out towards Wilbur, but got no answer in return. Dream sighed and started to walk away.

"I found someone who's caught my attention!" Wilbur yelled from the end of the hall, never looking back towards Dream as he rounded the corner. Dream looked over his shoulder as he walked away, he turned the corner but impacted into something and fell to the ground. Dream looked up at the thing he impacted with, and felt his face twist with horror. "Techno..."

Done! All done. Another chapter finished. Now you have questions and those questions will never be answered unless you read the story 😈😈😈😈

Any mistakes, please point out. Have a nice day/night.