Chapter 9

Sorry this chapter will be short. I have to still do school work but I think you guys deserve at least one update, thank you for being patient. I really appreciate it. Sadly my break is not over but coming closer to an end.

3rd Persons POV

The rain stopped which meant Wilbur had to return to the castle soon or else Phil and Tommy would be worried. Using the little time he had left Wilbur decided to ask Dream one of the hardest questions he would hear. Taking a deep breath, catching Dreams' attention Wilbur spoke.

"Will you be coming back to the castle?"

Dream stayed quiet, he looked at the empty plate. His mind and heart fought over the idea of returning. His heart said yes, he couldn't just leave Tommy, Phil and Wilbur as much as he hated to admit they were a part of his life now. But his brain said no, fearing the pain of seeing Techno so happy with another person, and he would be asked questions about his little outbreak. Fearing the answers that would come. Dream stared at the empty plate letting the battle take place, both his heart and brain planned out the future. Showing every possible outcome. Wilbur watched Dream carefully, seeing his eyes dart back and forth, his breath picking up slightly.

"I-" Dream lost his voice, he didn't know what to say. "I can see the conflict in your eyes, Fuck Techno!" Wilbur shot up and flipped off the wall. He turned back towards Dream. "Forget about him, you have built a whole new family. You, me, Tommy, Ranboo, Phil. Even Tubbo!" Wilbur threw his arms up in the air, Dream watched with surprise, being used to the calm, collected Wilbur. "If you leave, I have no idea how I-" He cleared his throat to cover up his mistake. "How we will get along without you. You are apart of our family and we protect our family no matter what...so fuck Techno. Come back for us." Wilbur calmed down and grabbed Dream's hands, holding them firmly.

Dream was in shock from Wilbur's outburst. Hearing those words felt so right but so wrong at the same time. Wilbur had a pleading look in his eyes as he watched Dream process the information. A subtle blush moved onto Dream's face but nothing else changed. "So, will you be returning back to the castle?" Dream came back to reality, moving out of his state of shock. "I don't know what to say." Dream said pathetically, Wilbur sighed and leaned over the table. "Say you will come back..." Wilbur said pleading. "I don't know-" Dream was cut off by Wilbur "Please." Dream didn't add anything after. "Will you come back to the castle?" Wilbur asked again.

Dream's POV

'No. This doesn't change anything, the pain will still be there.' My head said. 'The pain will be there even if you stay here. Pain will always follow you, it's just a matter of whether you overcome or succumb to it.' My heart said. I looked into Wilbur's brown eyes 'I don't know if I can. So, No! My answer is no.' I opened my mouth, Wilbur gripped my hand tighter. Nothing came out. Wilbur tilted his head slightly 'Stop. Don't do this.' My head warned. I closed my mouth and hesitated before opening it again. 'Don't go down this road again.' My head said. Wilbur smiled and watched me with his brown eyes. 'No. Say No. SAY NO! NO! NO! NO! NO-' My head screamed. I gripped his hand back "Yes."

Wilbur's POV

Dream and I walked to the door. "I will see you tomorrow then!" I said happily, Dream smiled. I loved seeing him smile, any person smiling is better than them being in tears. I turned and walked down the steps, hearing the door shut behind me. I punched the air and bolted down the street. I ran as fast as I could back home. Running past the villagers, past the guards, past Tommy, Through the halls. I stopped seeing something that will be burned into my head.

There they were, Techno pressed up against her. Kissing. She opened her green eyes and looked at me. Her eyes were nothing like Dreams. Dreams' eyes glowed bright like emeralds and had a haze of dark green surrounding the edges. Her eyes were like moss green, plain, simple, boring. I hate those eyes with all my heart. Who could give up the most beautiful eyes for the most dead ones. I felt my hands curl as I watched them move into Techno's bedroom, I watched the door shut. I took a breath and continued my way towards Phil's room. Seeing the feather symbolized door I felt relief wash over me as I entered the room. I was immediately brought into a hug. "Tell me everything." 

(No review.)