Chapter 15

Miss me?

3rd Persons POV

"Alright, one last time."

Dream and Wilbur stared into each others eyes with annoyance. The rest of the class had already left but they were required to stay for "extra practice"... its been 2 hours and they haven't been able to finish this one dance. The teacher is scrutinizing every move of theirs, for the last two hours it's been 'your foots too far back' 'don't arch' 'keep your posture straight' and they were tired of it. Dream and Wilbur resumed positions for the 34th time, as the music started to play they moved almost robotically and with coordinated spins and twirls, Dream looked towards the teacher who watched him with a keen eye. 

"If I do this one more time, I am jumping out a window." Dream whispered under his breath for Wilbur to hear, he made a noise of agreement before sending Dream out into a twirl. The music finally came to an end and both sides separated, they looked at the instructor with pure boredom, waiting to hear the verdict. 

"Better, but..." Their faces fell as they heard her continue, knowing they were destined to this hell. "There is still much to improve on, but that's for another day. That is all I will see you two back here in two days." 

Dream and Wilbur fell to the floor in pure exhaustion, Phil clapped from the foyer above them. The sound echoed in the hollow room, Wilbur looked around the room for the source of the clapping, as he spotted Phil his eyes filled with pure hate and annoyance while Dream just kept staring at the ceiling. 

"That was good guys, only two more weeks of that then your  correlation as the new prince and then you can dance and after that-" Phil rambled from above before Will and Dream shot up. "NO MORE DANCE LESSONS" They shrieked from the floor. Phil had an outburst of bubbly laughter and drummed on the foyer railing.

"No more dance lessons," Phil paused and looked down at the two males. "For another two days at least." They groaned at his final words that were followed by the sound of fading footsteps. Wilbur rolled onto his side and raked his eyes across Dreams body.  

His blonde hair was in a ruffled mess, his once neat black shirt had been crinkled with the sleeves rolled up and exposing the base of his stomach. It's was beauty in its purest form. Dream peeled his eyes away from the ceiling and looked at Wilbur, he gave a small smile and nudged Wilbur's face away before letting the heavy weight of exhaustion take over his limb and fall back to the floor with a bang. 

Dream looked at the clock on the wall, it was almost 5 meaning it was time for him to take his leave. 

"I have to go, it was fun but I must go live life." Dream sorely stood up despite his bodies protests, Dream was already walking out of the room by the time Wilbur scrambled up to follow him. 

"I'll walk you out!" Wilbur shouted as he clumsily slipped onto the floor again. Dream looked at him with a cheesy smile and nodded, waiting for Wilbur to steadily get up and catch up to him. Both slowly walked out of the room and through the maze of halls within the castle, sounds of laughter echoed from their voices through the cold walls. 

"Oh I almost forgot to mention something Wilbur."

"What's that?"

"This was a horrible date."

Wilbur stopped walking and felt his world collapsed, all that work for this date and he hated it? Dream kept walking with a smug expression and twirled to face Wilbur as he walked backwards.

"Guess you're going to have to take me on another to make up for it."

Wilbur looked at Dream with shock as he processed. Dream laughed before twirling back around and taking off, laughing his ass off as Wilbur came back from reality.

"DREAM!"

Wilbur took off after Dream, Dream shrieked as he saw Wilbur following him. Dream decided to slow down for the fun of it and felt Wilbur's arms collide into his sides and pick him up, twirling them around. Dream let out his tea kettle laugh and escaped from Wilbur's arms, but Wilbur kept his hold on Dreams sides.

"I caught you. I want a prize."

"A prize?"

Wilbur nodded happily as he waited for Dream to answer him.

"You're prize is that I'll let you take me to your correlation as your date."

Wilbur let out a celebratory cheer as he hugged Dream tightly before letting him go and resumed walking to the main doors, there was a comfortable silence between them as Wilbur held a dopey smile and Dream was embarrassed by his "flirty" antics and blushed at the cheesiness of the memory. As they reached the main castle door Wilbur grabbed Dreams hand and pulled him back to his chest, one arm wrapped around Dreams waist the other held his hand. He smiled before bringing Dreams hand up to his lips letting them graze the soft skin. 

"Till next time." Wilbur mumbled and  kissed Dreams hand, and took a step back  before opening  the door for him. Dream mumbled a frazzled mess of a sentence before walking away a blushing mess. His walk was peaceful as he went home.  

Dream smiled at his neighbor and entered the house, the lights were off and the rooms were dark besides the small areas of sunlight that shined through the patchy curtains. He threw his keys onto the table and walked towards the kitchen. A chill ran up his spine, his eyes moved towards the living room couch. A figure was sitting on the couch facing towards the wall, Dream on instinct threw a knife that was hidden in his sleeve. It flew past the persons ear right into the wall adjacent. Dream grabbed another knife from his sleeve and moved towards the figure.

"Who the hell are you?" The man gave a small chuckle before standing up, he fixed his suit and walked to the wall, pausing for a moment before tracing his fingers across the knife. They ripped the knife out of the wall and let it fall to the ground from their hands. 

"Oh Dream, forget me so soon?"

No...

"I have another job for you."

Who's ready for Sally soon ;)