Rules >> Cat Loki x Cat reader

The sun beat down your fur covered body and warmed your insides as you lounged lazily on a tall brown fence. Your (e/c) eyes scanned your surroundings for trouble, but when you found none your eyes closed and a small purr began to rise in your chest. A loud crash and a dog’s bark tore you back to reality and you hastily rose to your paws. Your eyes narrowed against the bright sun as you looked for your sworn enemy.  It didn’t take long for a large golden lab to run into your view.

      Your back arched and your (h/c) fur stood up from habit even though you were safe as long as the dog didn’t hit the fence. You eyed the dog coming closer to you and it was then that you noticed a black cat was running from it. So instead of jumping into the safety of the fence you jumped out of it.

“Over here!” You meowed loudly as you moved in front of a small hole in the fence. The stranger's green eyes caught your eyes before you pulled one of the wooden planks away from the hole to make it easier for him to get through. The cat ran past you in a blur, leaving you just enough time to slip through before the dog’s jaws could catch you. Its muzzle followed you through the cat sized entrance but that was all that could fit.

“Get out!” You hissed before bringing your paw up, claws extended and smacked him in the nose. He let out a yelp and ran off, but not without a warning growl.

“Are you alright?” You questioned the fluffy black male cat as he took deep breathes. His fur was still puffed out from the excitement and his green eyes held malice as he glanced at you.

“I’m fine.” He spat out rather rudely as he stretched out his lean muscles in the sun. A small silver and gold tag in the shape of a crown hung from a collar on his neck and your head cocked so you could see it better.

“What are you staring at?” His sharp tongue interrupted your thoughts.

“You have an owner; that’s not surprising you do look soft like an indoor cat. No wonder why you had to have help escaping the dog.” You replied snootily, after all you did help the cat and he was being a real cur.  You could hear him choke on a hiss behind you but for all you cared he could choke on a hairball.

“So what are you doing outside of your home?”  You asked while you hopped back unto the fence. You licked your paws as you glanced down at him.

“As if it is any of your concern, but if you must know I ran away.”

     You felt somewhat bad for your mean little kitty cat, the memories of your mother taking you and running away from your abusive owner were still fresh in your mind.

“Hmmm, well then you’re going to have to learn the rules of the alley.” You winked at his dumbfounded expression before leaping from your very comfortable spot, “So if you promise to stop being so high and mighty I might teach you a thing or two.”

   You began to walk in the opposite direction that the cute and despicable feline sat. You got about a foot away from him before you heard him race towards you. You continued on your way ignoring him even as he fell into step beside you.

“I’m Lokitty.”

“Funny name, I’m (y/n).” Your long tail swished as you led Loki to the front door of the small yellow house. You sat in front of the door before yowling very loudly. Muffled crashing noises came from inside the home and the sound of feet running alerted you of a human’s arrival. The door was slung open and you moved back a few inches so that the young girl could push open the screen door.

“Grandma there’s another kitty!” The six year old girl shouted back into the house before plopping on the porch. You purred softly as you crawled into her lap, you jerked your head toward her after you met eyes with Lokitty. He either didn’t understand your meaning or didn’t want to get close to the grubby fingers. Another, lighter, set of footsteps came to the doorway and the scent of tuna wafted through the air.

“Yes, it looks like she’s made a friend.” The elderly woman smiled before she too came unto the porch, your purrs got louder and you jumped from the girl’s lap and began to rub against the woman’s legs. You wishes were granted when she placed the can of tuna beside the door.

“Come along now, it’s never a good idea to mess with animals when they’re eating.” The young child nodded her head at her grandmother’s words and stood up.

“Bye-bye kitty.” She smiled before skipping back into her home with the other human behind her.

“Pathetic.” Lokitty’s cruel words came from behind you, but within seconds he was beside you.

“Listen, buster yes I beg for food from them. If you have a problem with it go away and see how well you can hunt around here, because every house on the block owns a dog, and they will kill you if they catch you. Rule number one: do whatever it takes to stay alive.” You growled at him, your chest heaved in anger and you could feel your fur starting to rise.

“If life is so hard for you why share it with me?” He mocked you while he pulled the tuna can closer to him. You practically flew into his side and once you had him pinned you bit into his neck rather hard.

“Rule number two: never assume anything. I never said anything about sharing. I just really hate dogs; humiliating one by making their dinner escape was merely enjoyment for me, nothing more. ” You let him up after that and quickly gobbled up half of what was there. A quick glance out of the corner of your eye assured you that he was still lying where you had jumped him. A dazed look was in his eyes though, and you didn’t like it at all.

     You turned your attention back to your supper, not noticing Loki slowly coming up behind you until he pounced. It didn’t take long at all for him to take you down.

“Is there a rule about always being on your guard?” Lokitty’s eyes burned into your skin and made it crawl as he gave you a once over, “There’s only one rule I live by, what to know what it is?”

“Does my opinion really matter?”

“No, my single rule is take what you want.”

     Your horror filled eyes met his lust filled orbs and you began to thrash wildly as you tried to escape the mad cat. A cruel chuckle rumbled deep in his chest as he leaned down and licked from your nose to the base of your neck.

“You should’ve left me to the dogs.”