Good enough | Loki x chubby reader

A/N: In this story everybody is around the pre-teen age. Also you are Sif's sister.

"So Sif, (y/n) what did you do today?" your mother inquired the second she laid the array of food on the table.

"I beat the Kravson boys in sparring!" Sif shouted happily as she piled her plate high. You father looked up from his own meal to smile stiffly at his duaghter but your mother looked at her with pride filled eyes. Although, the pride instantly vanished as her eyes slid over to you.

"Oh well, Loki and I mostly stayed in the library searching for books on magic," you told her with false hope that by dropping the younger prince's name you might be spared her disappointment.

"I see," she stated coldly, "Well then since you've done nothing today I suggest you eat nothing."

Your eyes widened, as did your fathers, but you bit your lip and pushed your plate away, "Can I be excused?"

"I suppose."

With a small nod you stood up from your chair before slowly walking out the dinning room. However, the second you were free from your mother's gaze your pace quickened in a haste to escape your house. A loud sigh of relief pushed its way past your lips as the wind hit you but you didn't stop long to enjoy it, no you had to get to the palace garden.
----------
"What're you doing here (y/n), isn't it around the time your family eats?" Loki's asked the moment he caught sight of you sitting on the cold ground.

"I'm not allowed to eat," you stated simply as he began to lower himself to the ground. His eyes widened at your words while his body fell the rest of the way down until he hit the ground with a thump.

"What do you mean you're not allowed to eat?" Loki cried out while he scrambled back to his feet.

"My mom said since I did nothing I should eat nothing," you told him with the tears you held back for so long spilling out the corners of your eyes. With a deep sniff you brushed away the tears but with every tear wiped away two more would take its place.

"Hey don't cry, I'll get you some food for you."

Loki grabbed your hand and pulled in an attempt to bring you to your feet but seeing the strain on his face as he tried only brought more tears,

"I don't want food!" you shouted at him, "I just want to be like Sif."

"Oh, why would you want to be like her?" Loki wrinkled his face in confusion as he let your hand drop back to your side.

"Because then I wouldn't be fat and ugly." you sniffed before running your hands against your eyes, "I'll  never find a husband or be a great warrior like Sif."

"Well who cares about being a warrior anyway? They're useless in times of peace but you and I have brains and those are always needed," he declared softly while he dropped his gaze from your eyes to the ground.

"Yeah, but mom says I'll never find a husband if I stay fat," you complain again. With a sigh Loki dropped to the ground beside you before pulling you to his chest.

"You're prettier than Sif," he stated in a rush before practically shoving you away from his embrace.

"Really? Well I think that you're way more handsome than Thor," you said quietly while fighting the heat rushing to your face. With your eyes fixed on the ground you couldn't see Loki struggling to control the red in his own face. The two of you sat in heavy silence and while you tried to think of something to dissolve it your thoughts quickly turned poisonous again.   

"Hey, want to do something fun?" Loki's words rushed out the second a tear rolled down your cheek.

"Sure, what is it?" You sniffed before slowly making your way back to your feet.

"We're going to prank Thor." He smiled after jumping to his feet. Your eyes widened but you gave a curt nod anyway before Loki grabbed your hand and began to lead you through the garden maze.

"So what are we going to do?" you asked after Thor's laughter reached your ears.

"We're going to get Thor to jump into the pond."

"How are we going to manage that?"

With a sly smirk Loki stopped and turned around to face you before motioning for you to lean in closer. You did so, after a quick glance around, and Loki pressed his lips close to youe ear before whispering, "You're going to tell Thor I stole something from you."

"How does that get him into the pond, and what shall I say you stole?" you whispered back.

"Leave that part to me and tell him I stole this," he declared before pressing his lips against yours. Your jaw dropped when Loki pulled away but he pushed you through the hedges and into the training field before you could say a word.

"(Y/n) what are you doing here?" Thor smiled at you as he walked over to you, "Is Sif with you?"

"Uh, no I... just um," you stuttered while you played with your fingers.

"What's wrong?" Thor questioned as his warm smile turned into a serious expression. You opened your mouth to try again but you all that came out was a strange squeaking noise.

"(Y/n) has someone hurt you?" He asked again while puting his hands on your shoulders.

"Loki stole a kiss from me!" you blurted out with a red face. Thor's eyes widened in shock before narrowing again.

"Worry not, I shall protect your honor!" he cried out before rushing into the maze of hedges. With a small wave to Thor's friends, who looked rather amused, you darted after Thor.

"We were at the pond," you stated once you caught up to your "defender". He smiled his thanks before once again taking off in a run. With a heavy breath you gathered your skirts and took off as fast as you could so that you could see the prank too.

Your breathing was ragged and legs tired but you refused to stop. Finally you made it to the pond to see Loki dodging all his brothers attacks. With a wink, sent your way, Loki stopped moving right in front of the pond and with a warriors scream Thor lept at Loki. A laugh bubbled up in your throat as you watched Thor go through Loki before landing in the water.

"You finally got the trick down!" you shouted out gleefully as the real Loki stepped out from behind another section of a hedge.

"Loki, (y/n)!" Thor shouted out as he pulled himself out the murky pond.

"Can you do an illusion of both of us?"

"No, but come back tomorrow okay," Loki told you before shoving you backwards so that you fell through the bush.

"Ow," you muttered softly before you peeked through the bushes to watch as Thor chased after you and Loki.

"Thanks Loki," you murmered to yourself as you pulled yourself up and out of the plant, "See you tomorrow."