Chapter 2: The Unfortunate Encounter

RINGGGG.

 Leave me alone.

 RINGGGG.

 Oh my fucking god.

 RINGGGG.

 Who the fuck gets phone calls this early on a Saturday? I sat up from my bed and grabbed my phone on the table right next to me. “Hello?” I whispered.

 “Estelle Chopin tell me you didn’t just wake up.” Mandy said. Judging by how clear and concise she sounded, I could tell this was not the time to tell the truth.

 “Oh gosh, no way! Who do you think I am? God Mandy have a little faith. I’m literally walking down the stairs right now, I’ll meet you at the gate.”

 I heard Mandy exhale, “oh thank god! I thought you had forgotten about our day planned. I’ll see you in a minute then!” With that she hung up and probably felt good about how she’d finally gotten me out of my bed before noon.

 I sighed, thank god Mandy was dumb.

 “Stel…do you know what time it is?” was the first shout I heard when I got in the car.

 I looked at Mandy and said, “umm…12:30”.

 Mandy shouted, “What happened to ‘have a little faith Mandy’?!”

 I put my best poker face on and said, “oh right…you’ll never believe what happened. So I was walking down the stairs and then, all of a sudden, I bump into the cutest guy ever!” Mandy’s eyes widened. “OHMYGOD NO WAY”.

 I sighed dramatically, “Yeah! He was sooo dreamy and beyond cute!”

 Mandy’s eyes got even wider, if that was possible at this point, “NO WAY IS THIS FOR REAL? YOU ACTUALLY TALKED TO A GUY WITHOUT SCARING HIM?”

 I was about to continue with this lie when I began laughing uncontrollably. Mandy seemed to catch on and immediately sighed. Trying to catch my breathe, I replied, “Not at all Mandy”.

 In between my laughs I though I heard her mummer something along the lines of “why am I friends with you”.

 We ended up arriving at one of the popular coffee shops in New York City for our pre-lunch date. Why we came all the way to New York, I had no idea, but at this point, there was no logical reason to question Mandy. Nothing came in between her and her plans to shop.

 “Stel why don’t you go in, I’ll try to find a parking spot while you order us our drinks.” I nodded in agreement and got out of the door, thankful that I wouldn’t have to endure any more of Mandy’s ongoing babbling about how cute the new boots were at Urban Outfitters. When I walked in I groaned at the line that had formed. There were more than ten people in line and the line was moving at a speed of near 0 miles per hour.

 When I had finally gotten the drinks I had ordered, I heard Mandy call my name. Grabbing some straws, I turned around and bumped into someone tall and strong.

 As if that wasn’t bad enough, I also felt the drinks splattered all over me.

 “WHAT THE FUCK” I yelled as every costumer in the shop looked up at the confrontation about to take place. The guy who I had bumped into had his head turned around with his phone glued to his ear.

 So naturally, I continued screaming. “You asshole I paid twenty dollars for these!” Ok so maybe not twenty…but I still paid a lot.

The nerve of this guy. He still didn’t look at me.

 “Hello? I’M TALKING TO YOU”.

 The man turned his head around and I swear my heart started beating so fast I could feel it about to explode. I was assuming he was around 23, my age, and let me tell you, he was something else. Calvin Klein model doesn’t do him justice. Standing at a height of 6’ 3’’ and looking extremely fine in that suit of his, his pearl white teeth came into sight as he grinned. Yeah, he fucking grinned.

 Everything I had just been gawking at, his perfectly trimmed brown hair, gorgeous green eyes, and extremely toned tan skin, disappeared as he started laughing with his friends behind him. I stood in place for about 5 seconds looking completely flabbergasted, “Excuse me…are you laughing?” I yelled.

 He took a large breathe once he settled down, “I’m so sorry. --Actually, I’m not, you should look at yourself right now”. I stared at his amused face until I saw Mandy in the corner of my eyes looking like she thought the entire situation was funny but at the same time the most shocking thing she’d ever seen.

 I walked up to the guy’s gorgeous stupid face and grabbed the drink in his hand. It was some kind of fruity tea, figures, the guy looked like a total priss to be honest.

 I stared at him before uttering the words, “Right after I do this” and poured the entire icy drink on top of his head.

 The guy’s face transformed from the grin to a deadly glare as everyone around us began laughing and gasping in shock. I smiled and went to pull Mandy out of the store. Before completely leaving the crime scene, I turned around, put my best face on, and exclaimed, “Don’t worry! You don’t look any different from before!”

 The minute I got in the car I started breaking into a hysteria. Mandy just stared at me like I was growing another nose. “Stel….WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?”

 I stopped laughing and looked at her with disbelief, “what?! He made me spill those drinks! Do I look like I can just afford to throw money here and there?”

 “Stel he was freaking hot!”

 “Do I care? Hot or ugly, no one gets away without apologizing to me. I’m honestly so tempted to stalk him and mail him the dry cleaning bill for real.”

 Mandy started chuckling as she reversed the car and started to pull into the busy street. I slouched in my seat and looked out the window “what are you cackling about”

 Mandy’s smile widened to something scarily similar to the Cheshire cat, “Just admit it, you thought he was sexy”.

 “Whatever, let’s just get this stupid shopping thing over with so I can get some dry clothes”.