Chapter 6: Panic

CHAPTER 6

I approached Nico as he was concluding an email on his computer, "hey, apparently you know what I'm supposed to do?"

Nico turned his chair around and faced me. He smirked as he said, "yeah, looks like you have to do what I say".

I glared at him for a couple seconds before responding, "Look, I'll forgive your previous actions because I'm an adult. Let's act like mature people ok?"

Nico's smirk turned into a full on grin as he nodded attractively. No scratch that- uglyly...pretending that's a word. "Alright fine, Miss Chopin. We have to analyze the costs of using Advil instead of Tylenol for these hospitals and come up with a production plan to decrease spending and budgets".

"Ok sounds good. What's our deadline?"

"Wyatt wants it done by next week, preferably. Think you can handle it doc?" His stupid smirk went back on his face.

I mockingly laughed, "of course, as long as you don't spill yet another drink on me".

His smirk dropped and before he could say something else incredibly stupid, I walked away from him and his incredibly large and nice desk.

I knew I was supposed to work on it with him for the entire day but I couldn't stand being around him so I naturally did everything else but what I was supposed to do. I began to set up my desk, made calls, reviewed some of my course work since I was still in charge of taking medical classes, and ate lunch with some very helpful lunch ladies.

Just as I thought I was going to get away with distancing myself from Nico, I saw the devil approaching me when I was walking back from the café. "Hey! We're supposed to finish this thing soon and I can't do it alone so stop being a fatass and come do your shit. I've been waiting for you for the past 3 hours".

I rose my eyebrows in reaction to his bluntness. I would have normally respected such audacity but because Nico was already such a douche, I couldn't accept his remarks without a fight. "First of all, eating lunch does not make me a fatass moron. Second of all, maybe if you didn't act like a dick all the time, I wouldn't mind helping".

"I wouldn't be such a dick if you weren't so pathetic".

"Excuse me? How the hell am I pathetic?"

"You walk in here acting like you don't do anything wrong and constantly roll your eyes like a teenager".

"Oh so now people deserve to get treated bad because they fucking roll their eyes?! God, you're such a fucking child!"

At this point people in the hall of the café were beginning to stare as our voices got louder and louder. Nico turned his head to see half the room gaping at us and stormed out the room before exclaiming quietly enough for only me to hear, "Fine, don't help, see if I care if you get fired on your first week here!"

I scowled as I realized how accurate his statement was. Regardless of how we treated each other, we had work to do that required the cooperation of both of us and there was no way I was going to get fired because of something as dumb as Nico.