Chapter 8: More Bickering

Sorry it's probably the shittiest chapter ever but lately I've been having writer's block and I'm so tired with my busy summer schedule so sorry if it sucks 

I walked into the office again at two and saw Nico's desk filled with papers but no Nico. Confused, I kept walking to one of the two chairs and heard footsteps behind me.

"Ah, drama queen's back".

I rolled my eyes and turned around to see an amused Nico holding a drink in his hand. He walked around me and sat down on the only empty chair left, pulling a binder from the corner of his desk to start working again I assumed.

"You didn't finish the reports?" I questioned.

"No I actually engage in this thing called lunch, keeps my body healthy and all, I'm sure you've heard about it since that's what you always seem to be storming off to".

"Ha Ha. I just need breaks because handling idiots like you can get stressful".

"Then you're in the wrong industry my friend".

I sighed, "Look, if we both agree to not say stupid judgmental things, our days would go faster".

"Let's see how long you last".

I smirked, "That's what she said".

Nico grinned, "Wow, didn't know you had that side to you".

I picked up my stack of papers, "You don't know half the sides I have to me".

"Alright, fair enough".

The next hour went by with us talking about the reports and how to accomplish them without losing our minds. We saw multiple employees walk in and out and that's when I realized that Wall Street wasn't at all how the media portrayed it. Sure, in the lobbies and stock exchange rooms the vibe was purely busy and crowded, but in actual offices, people did their own thing and joked around a lot.

Nico did a clap and threw his arms in the air, "DONE".

I looked at him with shock, "How? I still have five more pages!"

He winked, "I have experience in everything....including these reports".

I made a sour face and Nico laughed, "All I had planned before my meeting was these reports and I still have an hour left, do you need help?"

"YES!"

Chuckling, he grabbed some of my papers and uncapped his pen, "Um, I don't mean to sound creepy, but um at the bar the other day, um well you um"

I looked up at him and rose my eyebrows, "Is the infamous Harvard boy actually stumbling on his words?"

Nico blushed (goddamn was he attractive) for a nanosecond, "No um I don't know- you were crying and um—"

Now it was my turn to blush, "—yeah um I'm ok if that's what you're asking".

Nico laughed awkwardly and rubbed his lower neck, "Ok cool, I didn't know you were the type to party".

I gaped at him with an amused expression, "Me? You were with like what a group of ten people, half of them being girls? You're clearly the partier here".

He let out a hearty laugh, "Ah that's just a normal night for us".

I acted baffled, "Normal?! I was only there cause my friend dragged me there otherwise I would probably be at home watching Lost or Prison Break".