Wifey's Sacrifice

"Help?" Aru asked, confused. "What do you mean?" Then, suddenly, understanding dawned upon her. "No...Aiden, wait-"

"Ahalya!" Aiden shouted. "Help us!"

Nothing happened for a couple moments. Then, all of a sudden, bright blue light glowed within the snake.

"Hello. How may I assist you, young Pandavas?"

Aru craned her neck up. Right next to Aiden, who for once didn't complain about being called a Pandava, floated a beautiful, yet stern-looking woman. Her braided black hair flew around in the air, and her dark, brown eyes appeared to glow. A pale, cerulean halo surrounded her, making her seem like a hologram.

Aiden grunted, adjusting his grip on her hand as the serpent continued to lurch violently. "Give the three of us a way out of here." Then, he added, "Safely."

"No!" Aru cried out. She glared at Aiden. "Do you not remember what else was written on the stone?! It said that we would have to sacrifice something!"

"I know!" Aiden burst out, startling her. "I know, but what other choice do we have?!"

Aru kept quiet, hating that she knew he was right. "Fine."

"There is only one way out of here," Ahalya answered, in a gentle, soothing voice. "You have to-" She suddenly paused and stared at Aru, as if just noticing she was there too. "YOU?!" She screeched, glaring at her and breaking her calm demeanor.

"Me?" Aru said meekly.

Ahalya floated down to where Aru was dangling. "You. You are the daughter of Indra, are you not?"

Aru laughed nervously. "Yeah..."

Ahalya continued to scowl at her. "Have you heard of what your father did to me? I wouldn't have even come out of my resting place, if I knew one of the Pandavas here was Indra's."

"It was Indra who did that to you, not Aru," Aiden interrupted. "Besides, she wasn't the one who called you- I did- so how does it matter?"

Ahalya frowned. "You speak true, reincarnation of Draupadi. But I still cannot forget that horrible disgrace." She glowered at Aru. "Usually, I take my payment after I have helped those who called me. However, this time, I shall collect my price now. So, what can you offer me? Just one item will suffice."

"This is so not fair!" Aru complained angrily. "All because Indra is my soul-dad?! He's not even my real father!"

"It's not like your birth father is any better," Ahalya retorted.

That comment stung Aru more than she thought it would. Gandalf sparked with anger, matching her own emotions.

"Guys?" Mini called from all the way from the front of the serpent's mouth. "I don't think the rope can hold much longer!"

"Okay, fine," Aiden relented. "We'll give you the payment now! What do you want?"

Ahalya shrugged. "It has to be something of personal value."

Aru panicked. The only personal items she had with her now were her extra sets of underwear and other various pieces of clothing in her backpack. She doubted Ahalya would want those. Wait... she did have that...

"Floating lady! Do you like chocolate?! I've got a couple M&M packets in my bag! You can take them!" Ahalya shook her head.

"I am but a spirit. I cannot eat. Besides, it has to be something personal, did I not already tell you?" She replied crossly.

"But M&Ms are so good..."

Mini! Aru tried the mind-link, curious to see whether it would work within the snake. But no luck. The same white noise filled her head.