The Final Fight?

The Sleeper's sneer disappeared as Aru sprinted towards him, swinging Gandalf around in the air. He jumped back as Aru swung Gandalf at him, the glaive only catching on the wisps of black smoke surrounding him.

"You'll have to try a lot harder than that to get to me," the Sleeper said tauntingly. He raised the Soul Trident up. "Now, let's see what this weapon can do, shall we?"

He went in for a strike, but Aru was ready. Shaft against shaft clanged against each other as the two weapons made contact. She felt her muscles burn as the Sleeper pushed back against her attack, but there was no way that Aru would yield.

She let out a guttural yell as she strained against the Soul Trident, just barely pushing it back.

But it wasn't enough.

With one sudden crackle of energy from the trident, Aru felt her grip on Gandalf falter, and in that moment, the Sleeper won that brief struggle. He pushed her back, sending her flying into a tree.

Aru winced as she felt her head hit the bark of the tree. Black spots swum in her vision, but she still rose up, refusing to show any weakness.

She grinned, and probably looked like a crazy person, but she didn't care. "I'm not done yet."

The Sleeper scowled, but said, "Me neither."

She sprinted towards him again, changing Gandalf from a glaive to a sword. She felt the hilt warm up in her hands, as if her weapon was encouraging her.

"Thanks," she muttered, as she tried to jab him, but the three prongs of the Soul Trident met her attack. She could literally see sparks fly as the two weapons clashed again.

This time, she didn't let herself falter. She went after him, strike after strike, not letting down her tempo.

And for a while, it seemed like it was working.

The Sleeper was the one stumbling back now as Aru bore her attacks upon him like a well-oiled machine. She saw a sheen of sweat shine on the Sleeper's face, and she saw his expression sour.

He clenched his teeth, his face going taut. "This has gone on long enough," he declared, as he fought back.

Suddenly, he side-stepped her, making her stagger forward and she nearly crashed into another tree.

She whirled around, only to find the Soul Trident pointed at her neck. Aru gulped, but a movement behind the Sleeper caught her eye, and she had to stop herself from smiling.

Her father gave her a slow smile. "Well, well. Do you feel like surrendering now?"

Aru grinned back. "You wish."

Now.

Mini and Brynne popped up beside the Sleeper and aimed their weapons at him.

The Sleeper, obviously surprised, teetered back, but Mini and Brynne didn't leave any space for him to move any further.

"You guys came!" Aru exclaimed. She looked around and asked, "What happened to Kara?"

Brynne and Mini shared knowing looks to each other.

"She's currently...incapacitated," Mini said after a moment.

"By purple poisonous foam," Brynne explained.

"Now," Mini said, looking at the Sleeper. "Give us the Soul Trident."

The Sleeper bared his teeth. "Do you really think that mere children can scare me?"

Brynne scoffed. "Maybe not." Then, she raised GemGem a little closer towards him. "But this might."

Aru shifted Gandalf higher in the air. "Hurry up and-" Aru blinked. One moment, the Sleeper was right in front of her. The next, he was gone.