Blank Space

A/N: Sorry for the long wait, but enjoy the new chapter! I'll be uploading the next one in about a week or so! Maybe sooner if I have time :)

Aru's dreams started out pretty normally. She strolled through Home Depot as usual, peeking at the various items stacked in the shelves. Random shoppers paid no heed to her as she skipped around. Aru let out a delighted laugh, content at the familiarity. But of course that couldn't last.

A tugging sensation pulled at her navel and when she opened her eyes again, she was in a completely blank space. Whiteness surrounded her and it seemed to be endless. Annoyingly and immediately, Taylor Swift's 'Blank Space' started to play in her mind.

"So it's gonna be forever, or it's gonna go down in flames," she hummed to herself as she walked around, and she soon came across a completely white door. Silver swirls decorated the unpigmented door, and a golden doorknob stuck out right in the middle. That was a strange placement for a doorknob. Eh, she shrugged to herself. Whatever. Dreams worked in strange ways.

"You can tell me when it's over, if the high was worth the pain," she continued, as she moved forward and cautiously opened the door. Golden light filtered through the opening, and she put her hand up against the light.

Aru squinted as she stepped inside, still humming Taylor Swift. That is, until she heard the voices.

"It's all your fault, Shah."

Aru whipped her head around, her heart pounding. That voice sounded eerily familiar.

"Why did I have to die for you?" A voice whispered in her ear. Aru jumped and turned around. Her eyes widened in horror. No wonder the voice sounded familiar. It was...Aiden.

"A-Aiden?" she whispered, forgetting all about her own Taylor Swift personal concert.

Aiden smiled uncharacteristically cruelly. His face seemed pale and devoid of blood. Dark bags hung below his emotionless eyes as they stared emptily at her.

"Hello, Aru." He crossed his arms as he surveyed her. "It's been a while."

"H-has it?" she asked meekly, as she steadied herself. She looked around at her new surroundings. Gone was the bright, golden light. Instead, she was at a very familiar place- home. Aru took in the crisp scent of the museum. They were standing in the lobby, underneath the huge chandelier. Wait. Aru tilted her head. Wasn't that destroyed during her whole party fiasco?

A/N: I'm not sure if the chandelier was actually destroyed. I'm just making stuff up as I go, lol

"We're...at the museum? Am I dreaming?" she asked confusedly.

Aiden sneered at her, which made Aru take a step back. She had never seen Aiden with that expression. "Yes, to both."

"But..." she trailed off. "Why am I...how..." she stopped herself, not quite sure she knew what she was trying to say.

Aiden strolled over to the lobby desk, where he traced his finger along the edge of the table. "Well, to be precise, I'm showing you what would have happened. If you weren't there."

He snapped his fingers, and all of a sudden, the once-empty museum was soon bustling with tourists and visitors. Aru gasped, and tried to move to the side to avoid bumping into people.

"What are you talking-"

"Hurry up! We're gonna miss the tour!"

Aru abruptly paused, as she turned to look at a particular group in the crowd and she gasped. Aiden, a normal Aiden, her Aiden, was smiling brightly as he turned to his right. Aru watched on as she saw each one of her sisters laughing loudly and playfully shoving each other. They were all smiles and laughter, and Aru felt her heart soar when she saw them all happy.