The Debut of Rudy Rocks

A/N: Hey, guys! So, I just wanted to let you all know that I am writing another Aru Shah fanfic called 'Aru Shah and the Chamber of Lies'! It takes place after NoI, and there are more details on it in the description and first chapter! The chapters for that fanfic are gonna be significantly shorter, but that also means that I'll most likely update pretty quickly! Please check it out, and let me know if you like it!

Here's the link for it if you need it: https://www.wattpad.com/story/281026107-aru-shah-and-the-chamber-of-lies

Enjoy the chapter!

Aru closed her eyes, waiting for the blade to strike her. Except it didn't. Clang! She slowly pried her eyes open and gasped. In place of her glaive was a polished, golden shield which blocked the sword.

"Woah," Aru murmured, staring at the shiny shield. "Gandalf, did you just transform...?"

As if it understood her question, her shield glowed a little more brightly. Aru grinned, and pushed the blade away using Gandalf. The zombie growled and came in for another strike, but Aru moved more quickly this time. She parried the blade and hit the zombie on its head, who fell down with a thump.

Then, she looked down at the undead who was holding her down by her feet. With new-found energy, she wrenched herself out of its grip and commanded Gandalf to turn back into a glaive, then stabbed the zombie.

"Shah! You okay?" Brynne's cry sounded from somewhere in the huge crowd. Aru couldn't see her, but she was sure she was there whacking zombies with her mace.

"Yeah!" Aru called back. "Never better!" She spared a glance back towards the stage, and her grin slowly faded. She could still hear Aiden singing, but it somehow seemed strained and less smooth. Mini had stopped playing her violin, and had a serious look plastered on her face as she talked with Rudy.

Mini? Aru asked. What's wrong?

We've just run into a little problem, came Mini's message. Don't worry about it, though. We'll figure it out somehow.

Okay, then...

She shrugged, and started to wade through the crowd, transforming Gandalf into many different kinds of weapons and pushing back the horde of zombies. Meanwhile, another problem was brewing among the other three Potatoes...

Rudy's POV:

At first, everything was going great. Rudy had picked out his best gems and had prepared everything. His lead singer, a.k.a Aiden, was adjusting the microphone and clearing his throat. Over to the side of the stage, Mini was picking out her violin.

"Did you find one your size?" Rudy asked, walking over to where she was.

Mini glanced at him, her glasses slightly askew. Rudy had the weirdest urge to straighten them, but he resisted.

She showed him the beautiful, maple colored string instrument in her hand. "Yep, I got it." Then, she frowned and said, "What are we even gonna play? Or sing," she amended, nodding over at Aiden. "I can't play really difficult songs, just so you know."

Luckily, Rudy had already thought about this. He grinned and rustled through his bag and pulled out a couple of sheets of music. "We can play this!" He handed her the stack of papers. She took it and read over it, and nodded. "Yeah, I think I can play this. But where did you even find it? I've never heard of it before. 'The Rock?'"

Rudy puffed out his chest proudly. The name sounded even better out loud. Well, of course it was good. He had written it, after all.

"It's the first official song of Rudy Rocks: The Genesis of Rock album," he said haughtily. "I named it after Dane Johanssen."