3 | I promise

"And if you don't

"And if you don't. I will never talk to you again."

~~~

~ A month later ~

"What's the matter? Do you need your Simon to cheer you up?" He asks, wrapping his arms around me. "No, it's just my parents are getting a divorce. And my mother wants to take us girls. She said we don't have a choice but to move to Sunnyvale with her." I slam my locker. "You can't." Kate whines. "I'm trying to get my dad to keep me here with him. Hell, he's trying to talk her into letting him keep me and she can take Sam." I tell them. "I prefer you over Sam to be honest," Simon says and Kate agrees. "Your sister is a fucking bitch." Denna storms up to us. "How could y'all move to Sunnyvale?" She glares at me. "Our mother but I'm trying to stay here with my dad. I refuse to move to Sunnyvale." I let her know. "Great, nice to know you are fighting to stay and she's not. I broke up with her." My eyes widen. "I mean, she made the choice to end our relationship by moving away. I'm just making it official. Plus I'm sure she's okay with that since she was always too afraid to tell anyone about us."

I kinda keep to myself about that last part because she was scared of what mom would think. Which I found stupid because you really shouldn't let other people stop you from loving someone. "Hopefully, you end up staying here because I would miss you." Simon holds me in his arms. "Excuse me, I would too. Who else would I have to talk to on the cheer team?" Kate smiles, making me laugh. "I usually get what I want when it comes between them." I laugh as we head to our classes. "I heard Denna and you are over," I say as Sam sits next to me. "She broke up with me because mom is making us move to Sunnyvale with her." She huffs. "I'm not going. I'm making sure I stay with dad here." I let her know.

"Why would you want to stay here instead of moving to Sunnyvale?" She looks at me. "As you said a month ago, I'm a typical Shadysider. Plus I don't wanna leave my best friends here alone." I tell her the truth. She just huffs, looking away from me and I pay attention to the teacher. The day goes by pretty fast because when I'm pissed off things just seem to go by fast for me. "Hey, you better not leave me," Simon says as I get towards my car. "I won't. I can promise you that." I boop his nose. "And if you don't. I will never talk to you again." He squishes my cheeks. "I don't believe that." I have trouble smiling, making me laugh. "Why?" He lets go of my face so I wrap my arms around him, looking up at him, "You love me." I move away, getting in the car as Sam comes over to get in.

"Re-quoting my words I see." He points his finger at me, making me laugh. "A dummy man once said." I wink at him. "The saying is, a wise man once said!" He shouts as I get in the car. "Oh, I know." I stick my hand out the window. "I'll see you tomorrow." I smile as he grabs my hand. "I better." He lets go as I drive off. "When did you two start dating?" Sam asks. "We aren't. We're just super close." I tell her as I drive us home. As soon as we get home our mother starts to yell at me. "If you wanna stay in this shitty hell hole with your father, go ahead! You belong here with him anyway!" I stand there shocked. "Sam, I packed your things. We're leaving now." She grabs Sam's arm, dragging her out of the house.