14 | It's you [3]

"You'll leave them alone if I let you have me?"

~~~

"We have to find Sarah before they do. If we can, we hide her then get my sister out." I tell the group and they agree. As I look around and see Solomon so I rush over to him. "Please you have to help them. They are innocent. Solomon." I beg, holding onto his arm. "I tried. There's nothing more I can do." He sighs, turning to walk away. "So you just give up?!" I follow him. "Joanna, I know you love your sister and Sarah is your friend... but there is nothing I can do to change their mind." He says as I keep following him. "You're supposed to be someone we can trust." I stop then march away. "Sarah." I walk around in the darkness looking for her. I knew she wouldn't go far without Hannah.

"Joanna." I hear a whisper. "Sarah." I get low and follow the small voice to find her. "Thank god you are okay." I hug her. "I have to get to Hannah." She tells me so we sneak over to the meeting house. "I'll distract him while you go in." I let her know before sneaking away from her then ran up to the watchman. "I saw Sarah over there! She ran once she saw me." I tell him and he rushes to tell a group of men. I rush away going to Solomon to tell him that I found Sarah. "Solomon!" I bang on his door and he lets me in. "Joanna, I alrea," I cut him off. "I found Sarah. She's sneaking around in the shadows trying to get Hannah. I distracted a man so she could see Hannah. I saw her leave again and I think she's gone to the Widow." I speak fast.

"Why would she go to the Widow?" He asks, grabbing me by my shoulders. "Mary has this book that you can make a deal with the Devil. I think she might do that to save her and Hannah." He shakes his head. "Joanna, you shouldn't be running around or they will think you are helping Sarah. I'm sure your mother doesn't want to lose both daughters. Sit down and catch your breath." He pulls out a chair for me to sit. After a few seconds banging on his door starts, he thinks it's his brother so I jump up making him stop me. "Elijah, I said enough!" He opens the door to show Sarah. "Please, you have to help me!" She rushes in. Once she sees me she runs to my side telling Solomon that she and Hannah are innocent. That she went back to the woods to see the widow but found her dead. "Someone killed Mary?" I cover my mouth, taking a seat in shock. Who would kill her? She minded her own business away from everyone. Who would I go to now to talk to besides Solomon?

 Who would I go to now to talk to besides Solomon?