15 | Help us kill Goode

"I just want to say

"I just want to say... If I end up dying tonight, I'll come back to haunt you."

~~~

I wake breathing not entirely normal as Deena and Josh come rushing in going to Ziggy with Sam. "Jesus Christ. Look at her! I told you it wouldn't work. There's no ending it." Ziggy tells her and the look on Deena's face makes me nervous. "What is it?" I ask. "We need to talk." She looks at Ziggy. We leave the bathroom and Deena tells us the whole truth about the curse, Sarah Fier, and Nick Goode. "We can't kill the Devil so... we have to kill him. We need to kill Nick Goode." Deena tells us. "But I called him... I thought... I thought he could help." She tells Deena. "That's why you got on the phone?" I ask as Deena rushes to Josh with Sam. After ended up knocking Sam out because she was attacking Deena, we get in the cop car going to get some help.

"Deena, I saw all that you told us you saw when I fell asleep for a short nap. How could I-," I stop talking looking down at the bracelet Simon gave me. "Jonna knew the truth too. When you returned Sarah's hand... it must have triggered my bracelet." I say. I knew it sounded far out there but it's the only thing that would make sense. It's the same bracelet Joanna got from Isaac. "How does that make sense?" Josh asks. "Elizabeth is right, Joanna was close with Sarah and knew the truth about Goode." Deena agrees with me. "How does the bracelet come into play?" Ziggy asks, confused. "Long story shouts. Isaac and Joanna are Simon's. many greats, grandparents. The bracelet has been passed down for generations and Simon gave it to Elizabeth." Deena explains. "What do you have to do with seeing the truth too?" Josh looks back at me. "I have a whole theory that would take time to explain but it's not the time right now," I explain.

"Should be up here on the right." Josh lets Deena know. "Are we sure about this?" Ziggy asks him and he doesn't respond. "Is he always quiet?" She sits back looking at me. "Yeah." I nod my head. As we pull up to Martin's place. "Hey!" Josh shouts at him. "Urkel?" He puts his hands down. "Yeah! Uh... Wanna help us kill Sheriff Goode?" Josh asks him. "Let me get my coat." He replies back then comes and gets in the back with Ziggy and me. On the way to the mall, we don't exactly tell him the whole plan or what was going on. "As the mall's lead custodial engineer, I ensure that all retail establishments come equipped with the StoreSafe 250. This is the Cadillac of store gates. Now, the 250 prevents your standard smash-and-grab, graffiti, all while complying with the 70% visibility ordinance. Best part... Easy to operate." Martin explains to us as we follow him.

"And we can rig them for quick release?" Josh asks him. "Little grease, these things go down faster than a Sunnyvale cheerleader." I roll my eyes. "So, Deena is the target now, so the killers will go after Deena's blood just like they did with Sam. And then we use that to lure them into the stores, and then..." Josh starts. "Welcome to the clink, motherfucker." Martin closes the gate. "The killers will be locked up, then it's us versus Goode," Josh tells us. "Okay, sure, awesome, but then what? Like how do we take out Goode?" Deena asks and I agree. "Are y'all serious about this?" Martin asks us. "Once they're down, how quickly can we get the gates back open?" Ziggy asks. "Depends, but," Deena cuts Martin off. "Why would we do that?" She asks. "We'll Carrie him." I nod my head like that plan.

We all start to get supplies that could be useful for the plan to go 100% as planned. "I just want to say... If I end up dying tonight, I'll come back to haunt you." I give Deena a small smile. "I can promise this time I won't let anyone die. Liz, I'm sorry I didn't wanna listen to your idea. It's Sam," I cut her off. "I hate that you weren't thinking about anyone else besides Sam. You can't do that when you have four other people, who you are okay with being at risk of dying. As I said already, they didn't have to agree to the plan but did because they were good friends. You weren't... you didn't think of alternative ideas that didn't put us at risk." I get serious with her.

She looks at the ground, "How would have you reacted if Josh died that night too?" I ask her. "I don't think I would act differently because I was so focused on Sam." Her eyes showed she was sorry. "I would've died too but I took off my shirt with Sam's blood throwing it away from me. I wasn't going to die for my sister and I don't plan on dying for you either... But I'm still going to try to save you but like I said, if I died, expect my ghost." I make her laugh as I walk away from her. "No one is going to die tonight." Ziggy puts her hand on my shoulder. "Someone is and that's going to be Nick Goode," I tell her in a serious tone and she nods her head as we wait for everyone to join us.

"You know, Ziggy. Two people actually believed you about how your sister died. My dad said he and my uncle knew you and believed your story. My dad also knew what type of person Tommy was because of his other brother that was friends with him. He told me he never thought Tommy would just snap like that. He knew there was a reason behind it. Hell, he also knew Mrs. Lane and believed her. He's always believed in the curse." I let her know. "What's your last name?" She asks me. "Fraser," I tell her. "I remember the brothers, yes. Helped me get in trouble in school a lot." She gives a small smile. "It's nice to know at least three people believe me." She sighs. "I'm sure Nick believed you for sure," I growled.

"Hey, tomorrow or in a few days do you want to go see Mrs. Lane with me? I'm sure she would like to see you again. You know, since how close you two were?" I ask her. "That sounds nice." She nods her head. "Yeah, seeing how many alarm clocks you have... I think you should get out of your house more." I joke with her and she shoves me playfully as Deena and Josh come up. "Everyone says Shadyside sucks because it's full of shitty people, that bad things happen here because we're bad, that we deserve what we have coming. That's how it was for Sarah, and that's how it's been for us. But it's all bullshit. Okay, just because we're weird and smart and different doesn't mean they can feed us through their meat grinder. Not anymore. It's been three centuries. No one else has gotten this far. It stops here... tonight. It stops with us. We're gonna kill this motherfucker. For Sarah, for Kate and Simon. For Cindy. For all of us. For Shadyside. Now let's do this." Deena says her speech before we set everything up.

Once everything was set up we heard the bells, telling us someone was here. "Martin, let's go," I tell him, making Ziggy grab his arm dragging him to our spot. "Be quiet." She tells him. "Why?" He asks. "There's someone here." She tells him as we look around. Suddenly there were lights behind us and it was the police. "Police! Hands up! Hands up!" He shouts at us. "Listen! You don't have any idea what's going on! You're gonna die if you don't listen to me!" Ziggy tells the cop making Martin try to shut her up as he keeps laughing his hands up. "We cool." He tells the cop. "Martin?" The man says. "Yeah, yeah." He waves. "Are you kidding me?" He keeps his gun pointed at us.

"Got two more over here!" Another officer shouts. "Drop your weapons and slide them to me." He tells us. "Dude, they're water guns." I slid it over to him. "We got the 5150," He's cut off before dropping to the ground showing the Milkman behind him. Martin starts to scream so we tell him we gotta go, making us grab to get up and run. "I got my gate," I tell her running to wait for one of the killers. "Be careful!" She shouts at me so I put a thumbs up in the air. As I wait holding the rope I try to breathe calmly. "Are you serious?" I whisper to myself seeing I got Nightwing. I waited till he was far into the bookstore before pulling the rope. Just my luck the gate doesn't go down all the way. "Fuck, fuck, fuck." I jump up trying to force it down. Someone runs up next to me and I see Ziggy and she helps me get it down. "Let's go." She grabs my hand and we run to the others.

"Four. We have four." Ziggy says as we walk up to the group. "Skull Mask, Nightwing." She adds. "No Ruby?" Deena asks. "I don't know. We need to keep an eye on," Martin cuts Josh off. "Y-y-yo! Why'd it get so quiet?" He was right as we listen to hear nothing. "It's him." Ziggy sighs. "You don't have to do this," Deena tells her. "Yes, she does," I tell Deena and Ziggy goes over the counter to her spot. "Mount up," Deena tells us and we jump over to go back to our gates. "I hate you, you killed Simon and Cindy," I whisper, grabbing the rope. When I hear the cue I pull the rope opening the gate. Then rush to the others carefully out of the way.