6 | Blueberries and Bananas

"Do you always have to play with my hair when you're bored?"

~~~

"What happened?" My dad asks as I get home. "There was an accident on the way home. The cooler on the bus fell out, hitting the car behind us. They swerved off the road into a ditch. And Sam was in that car so now she's in the hospital." I let him know. He says we can go check on her tomorrow during the day, hopefully when mom isn't there. So the next day around noon we head to the hospital to go see how Sam is doing. Luckily mom wasn't there so we got to see Sam. "Dad, Elizabeth." She sits up. "How are you feeling?" Dad asks her. "Better. No longer spitting up blood." She smiles. "I'm glad you're doing all right. We just wanted to come see you when your mom isn't here." He explains to her.

"She left a few minutes ago to go get something from the store then she will be back," Sam explains. "I have work to get to so we need to get going," Dad tells her. "Okay, thank you for coming to see me, dad. Love you." They hug and he heads out first. "I'm guessing you told a believable story last night." Sam smiles. "Of course I did." I turn to leave and bump into her boyfriend. "It's the bitch who jumped on my back." He walks up to me. "Well, you were chasing my friend." I smile at him. "Peter, this is my sister Elizabeth," Sam tells him, making him back up. "You have a sister?" He looks at her then me. "Twins, of course not the identical ones." I smile. "You choose to stay in Shittyside? Guess you belong here then." He smirks and I shove past him. "Bye Sam." I head back to the car with dad waiting for me.

Once dad dropped me off at the house, the phone rang, so I picked it up. "Hello?" I answer it. "Liz, so I'm babysitting the silent twins tonight and I was wondering if you wanted to keep me company," Kate asks me. "Sure, I have nothing planned. Dad is working late tonight." I let her know. "Great. I'll see you later then." She tells me. "See you then." I hang up the phone and just clean up the house to pass time. As it got darker out I started to head over to Kate to keep her company with the twins. "Simon said he would show up at some point." Kate lets me know. "Good to know." I nod my head shutting the door behind me. "So I have to do some laundry and I'm then going to have the twins sorta work for me." Kate smiles, grabbing the hamper, walking away. The second I take a seat on the couch Simon walks through the door, "Lizzy!" He opens his arms. "Simon." I look at him.

"You seem moody." He jumps onto the couch. "I'm just tired. I cleaned the house earlier today." I smile as he pulls me into him. "A busy bee today." He runs his finger through my hair. "Simon, sort the clothes." Kate brings different hampers back. "Why not Liz?" He complains. "She cleaned her house earlier. So I'm making you do it." She leaves the room again and I go follow her. "Four in each bag. If you finish in an hour, I'll let you watch My So-Called Life with me." I see her making the twins separate the pills. "And, uh, do not eat these. These will make your little hearts stop, you'll choke to death on vomit and everyone will be so, so super sad. Got it?" She tells them before coming back.