22 |*It's not crazy*

"We're gonna have two kids and die old together

"We're gonna have two kids and die old together. I think I can do that."

~~~

As they start to struggle I groan getting up struggling to get over to them. "Nick! Leave her alone!" I shout tripping in pain. "You'll be famous. Shadyside's newest piece of shit makes the front page! Local dyke slays girlfriend, friends, brother. And they're giving me a fucking medal and Elizabeth will say how I saved her killing you." He tells Deena. I hear my name from the darkness making me give it my all to get back up. "No, I will not." I grab his hand putting it on the beating heart thing. He starts to freak out, standing up looking around the room. Deena grabs the knife reaching up to me and I take it stabbing him in the right eye.

 Deena grabs the knife reaching up to me and I take it stabbing him in the right eye

"I hope you enjoy your one-way ticket to hell." I groan in pain as Deena goes over to Sam. "I was wondering what you were doing with all those books. I should have done the same." I laugh then groan. "Let's get out of here. Liz needs to get some help." Deena says and they both get up. As they hold hands Sam helps me walk next to her. On the way out we see everything disappearing then end up in a mansion. "As nice as this place is, can we walk faster? I've already lost a good amount of blood." I tell them, making Sam walk faster. I swear we looked like hell coming outside the house when the neighbors saw us. As the car backs out of their driveway a garbage truck crashes right into the side of it shocking us. "Karma is coming to Sunnyvale now." I laugh before blacking out.

~

"Dude, what the heck?!" I groan as a boy in some of my classes helps me up. "I'm sorry, I didn't see you." He lies to me. "But you did though. I saw you stick your leg out right as I was about to pass you. Why would you do that?" I rubbed my knee and saw it was bleeding. "I'm sorry, honestly... I thought it would be the only way to get you to talk to me." He looks down at my knee. "Why would you think that?" I ask confused as he helps me walk to the nurses' office. "You're too cute to talk to someone like me. So I thought I'd get you to yell at me." I laugh at him as he opens the door for me. "I tripped and hurt my knee," I tell the nurse and she fixed my knee up.

"Well, it worked. I yelled at you... Happy?" I ask him as we leave. "Very. I'm Simon." He puts a handout. "Elizabeth but I like Liz for short." I shake his hand. "Oh as an apology gift for tripping you." He pulls out a bracelet. "You sure?" I ask him. "To the start of a new long-lasting friendship." He smiles and I put my wrist out and he puts it on me. "A new friendship." I smile at him. "Let me help you to class Lizzy." He helps me. "Lizzy?" I smile at him. "Yeah, you have to have a nickname from me because we're going to be best friends." He smiles big.

~

I wake up in a hospital bed with Sam sitting next to my bed. "You've been out for a long time." She smiles at me. "Where's dad?" I ask. "Had to work. I said I would come watch you." I try to sit up but groan. "You needed stitches badly because Nick punching the stab wound made it worse." She explains to me so I just nod my head. "Don't worry, Kate and Simon are alive and safe. They had to run somewhere. Deena was telling me all about the truth and that you saw it too. That you have a little theory. Can I hear it?" She sits up leaning on my bed making me laugh. "You might think it's crazy but I think it's possible that some of us are either reincarnated people back then, either it was our past lives or just our ancestors," I tell her.

"Explain why you think that." She says as Deena comes in with Josh. "What are you two talking about?" Deena asks. "Liz's theory about us being, either reincarnated people back in 1666, or it was our past lives or just our ancestors," Sam tells her. "I wanna hear this." Josh sits at the end of my bed with his broken arm. "Some people in 1666 were like our doppelgängers. Joanna and Hannah were sisters that looked like us. Sarah and her brother Henry were basically Deena and Josh. Lizzie was Kate, Isaac was Simon, and Constance and Abigail Berman were Ziggy and her sister Cindy." Deena nods her head. "Is not crazy to believe. Sarah loved Hannah and did whatever she had to do to save her." Deena looks at Sam. "Just like you did with Sam." I smile at them.

"Okay, but you and the bracelet?" Josh asks as Simon and Kate come in. "Let me just interrupt for a second but I remember you had this in your locker." Simon waves his jacket around. "I washed it because he wants you to wear it while you're here." Kate lets me know. "Back to what we were talking about... She was Joanna." Deena smiles at me. "Jonna? Are we talking about my ancestors?" Simon sits on my bed next to me confused. "Liz's theory about why she saw the truth too. Her theory about us being, either reincarnated people back in 1666, or it was our past lives or just our ancestors." Sam tells him and Kate. "Let me hear." Kate smiles. "Some people in 1666 were like our doppelgängers. Joanna and Hannah were sisters that looked like us. Sarah and her brother Henry were basically Deena and Josh. Lizzie was Kate, Isaac was Simon, and Constance and Abigail Berman were Ziggy and her sister Cindy." I repeat for them

"Isaac gave Joanna this bracelet... Actually the same way Simon gave it to me. Accidentally tripping and it being an apology gift." I smile, messing with it and Simon kisses the top of my head. "So basically you and Simon are his own ancestors in a past life?" Josh tries to put the pieces together. "Yeah, it's not crazy if you can make a deal with the Devil." We all laugh. "This time around my sister gets to have a happy ending too. I'm sure in some alternate dimension, I'm probably lying in this bed with you three without Kate and Simon here too." I sigh before everyone but Simon ends up leaving to continue their day.

Later in the day, Ziggy came to visit me and we talked about how she went to go see Mrs. Lane, and then once I'm out we both can go visit her. She stayed for a few hours before leaving when Dad got off work coming to check on me. The doctors told us that I would need to stay one more night, maybe more to see how I am now that I'm awake. Gratefully they let Simon stay with me for the night. "Move over, I'm ready for some rest." He lays down pulling me into his chest to cuddle. "So we are my own ancestors." He sighs, making me laugh. "Like I said... it's not that crazy to believe." I wrap an arm around him.

"What were they like or us in the past?" He holds me tight in his arms. "Well for starters then Jonna's mother hated Isaac like my mother does with you. They both couldn't keep their hands to themselves. I remember very well something she told Isaac... She didn't care or want what man her mother wanted for her. She wanted what she wanted and that was him. And her father knew that and didn't care. He wanted her to be happy." I look him in the eyes. "She told him she loved him and no one else. No one could ever make her feel the way he made her feel." I smile.

"Man, that basically is us." He laughs. "I feel bad that Jonna had to live two separate lives. One with Solomon Goode until he died and one with the man she loved. She ended up getting pregnant with Isaac's child first from the night they had in the woods. She kept the whole thing a secret with him, Lizzie, Abigail, and Hannah. Isaac and her had a happy secret life while Solomon was alive because they ended up with two kids the whole time they were together. The day Solomon passed away she left the Goode house for sure and lived the rest of her life with Isaac till they both passed away together with their children taking care of them. Of course, she also had a child with Solomon Goode but after knowing he would follow his father she left him." I explained to him.

"So besides from the whole Goode part... We're gonna have two kids and die old together. I think I can do that." He kisses me. "I fucking love you." I kissed him. "I fucking love you too." He plays with my hair. "Also I can't believe the origin of this bracelet is exactly the same I gave it to you." I laugh before we fall asleep holding each other.