chapter 3

Jisoo's POV

A week passed after that incident in kitchen, knowing the man that I love the most, is now hated me. I realize that I was really late with my actions, he's better now already moved on, he can be happy by his own while me? Even I'm surrounded by my friends, I still felt alone.

And now knowing that the squad was not going this day due they own hectic schedules, I feel sad, but still I understand them, we now have our own lives.

The beach bonding was cancelled because Jennie and Seulgi got a new endorsement shoot which sadly the same day of the date we planned to go out.

And now Jackson and I just watching a movie in the living room. Talking some random stuffs.

"I want to bake" I suddenly said, he look at me confused, I rolled my eyes. He chuckled.

"Let's go then" he said and turn the TV off, I look at him raising my brow.

"I'll help you" he said, smiling. I nod and headed to the kitchen with him. I prepare the ingredients while he just watching me.

"I thought you'll help me?" I asked, reaching the bowl above which placed on hanging cabinet.

"Yeah.." he said and casually reach the bowl and gave to me.

"Thanks" I said and lightly pushed him, he's too close. He just again chuckled.

"Do you know how to bake" he suddenly ask, tailing me. I scooped some flour and put it at the bowl .

"Still learning" I answered, picking up the milk. "Hand me the eggs please" I added, he nod and picked up the eggs.

"Let's go out" he suddenly said, wiggling his eyebrows. I hummed.

"After we bake" I said, mixing the combined mixture of the ingredients. Minutes passed and I put it to the oven.

"Let's go at Chaeyoung's cafe" he told me, wiping the table.

"Sure" I said, couple of minutes after the chocolate cake is cooked. I turned off the oven and wear gloves, but Jackson steal it on me.

"Ako na" he said, I nod as I watched him carefully taking outside the container. "Smells good" he commented. I smiled.

"Let's eat, then let's go outside" I suggested, he nod and take some plates and fork and placed it on the table. I went to the refrigerator and reach some juice, I went back seeing him slicing the cake placing it in two plates.

"How is it?" I asked when he taste it, he act like his thinking, my face turns into sour, seeing his reaction.

"I told you  I'm still learning" I said, filling the two glass with juices.

"Hey, I'm just joking!" He said panickly, I pouted " It's delicious!" He added, complementing. I smirk.

"Of course, I made it eh" I said proudly, he chuckled and continued eating as well I am.

"So what's your plan?" He asked, munching some cake. I raised my eyebrows, not getting what he mean.

"I mean you and him, what's your plan?" He estimate his point. I stopped eating.

"Still the same..." I said, nonchalantly, then I look at him " I want him back" I added, he stopped from a moment, then continued eating.

"That seems impossible" he said, not looking at me. I sighed.

"But still, I want to.." I mumbled, playing the cake with my fork.

"Yeah you want, but the question is, is he feeling the same? Is he want you back too?" He said now looking at me trying to made me realize what his point.

"I..He..."

"Not to be frank your being hopeless, Soo" he said "Taehyung seems fine now" he added.

"I'm not being hopeless, Jack. Yes he may be fine now and if he's happy with it, I'll be happy too, all I wanted is to apologize to him, explain my side why I did what I did back then, I want closure...just a friend atleast I made up with him even we can't go back from what we are before, I'm hopeful" I said, he clenched his jaw.

"Hopeful?, Soo I'm here" he said " What's with him that I don't have?, You can't call that hopeful Soo, you're hopeless." He said, I was taken a back from his words.

Yet I still understand what he feel, because we're in the same situation we both experiencing one sided love. Me to Taehyung, and his love for me that I can't turn back with the same feeling he has for me.

"Why are you like that?...is it crime to be hopeful with someone?" I don't know what to say my emotions just blurted out.

"Hopeful for what? To get hurt again?. Jisoo why can't you just love me instead?" He said, facing me, eye to eye. The sincerity, the emotion is visible in his eyes. I lost my word.

The tension between us, broke out when my phone rang. It's Chaeyoung. I averted my gaze to him and click the green button.

"Hello Rosé-ah?"

"Unnie, I'm sorry I just readed your text to me, I'm not at my cafe right now, I accompany Chan for his business trip were in Paris right now"

"Oh..it's okay, maybe next time....take care"

"Yeah, you too take care...bye sorry again"

"I understand..byeee Chae"

The call ended, I take a deep breath and face Jackson. He's now drinking his juice.

"We can't go, Chaeyoung wasn't around her cafe, she's in Paris with Chanyeol" I said. He just hummed, placing down his glass.

"S-sorry for what I said earlier I- uh..."

"It's okay, I understand what you feel...just let me try to made up with him, and if it's still can't bring back the old us...I promise I'll stop." I said to him, reassuring...And I will try to love you. I want to work it out, but I can't say it now, cause I don't want to give you false hope.  I said to myself.

He smiled, he then mess my hair, he giggled at my reaction.

"Yah!" I yelled annoyed, I don't want my hair messing up.

"Seems like I'll be stuck here again the whole day, God I'm sick seeing your face" he teased, my face crunched.

"Hah me too, God what was that face of yours!?" I scoffed " And let me remind you that this face that you're sick for, is the face of your long time crush which is me" I fired back, pointing at my self.

"Yeah yeah whatever..." He said, defeated and laughed, his laughed is like a virus. I just found myself laughing with him.

I hope it's easy to like someone to turn their feelings
and love them back, I wish I could love you back, but in my case now? I'm still stuck with someone, caged from the past, but dedicated to win him back. I'm sorry Jackson, I can't love you back...I can't now.

My thoughts while I'm staring at his laughing figure, giggling from his reaction. And there's only thing I felt blessed the most, that he's still by my side even it's one sided love. I'm so lucky to have him. He's my bestfriend. Maybe someday.....

--------------------------
:)