movie night 😍

"Besties, I'm kind of freaked out," Ashido says. "We should stay up and watch a movie together."

All of Class 1-A are gathered in the common room, still shaken by the events of the day.

"I don't know, Mina," Yaoyorozu says. "It's late and we all need rest."

"I doubt I'll be able to sleep after what's happened," Jirou says.

"Me as well," Aoyama adds, looking like he could faint again.

"There isn't a fucking murderer!" Bakugou yells.

"I assure you, we have nothing to worry about!" Iida says. "Our esteemed teachers said that Detective Tsukauchi died of a heart attack. This is all just a series of unfortunate coincidences!"

"I'm not sure I believe that," L says.

"What do you mean?" Midoriya asks.

"Isn't it strange that the detective died right as he began investigating the class? His quirk would have revealed the truth behind the incident, so if there was a murderer he—" L pauses, staring hard at Light. "Or she, I suppose, would want to remove the detective as soon as possible."

"That's kinda morbid, man," Kirishima says. "How could someone have caused him to have a heart attack?"

"That's what I'm trying to find out," L says, then bites into a chocolate bar.

"You all are so fucking stupid," Bakugou contributes.

"I'm not sure I would put it like that, but I'm inclined to agree with Bakugou here," Light says.

"Finally, an extra with some fucking sense! Maybe I won't even hold your shitty fighting skills against you."

"Those fights were really something!" Sero says.

"Wait, Misa, we never got to see your quirk in action," Midoriya says, thinking about how Mineta's death had sidetracked their exercise. "What do you call it again?"

"Oh, yeah! It's called 'All-Seeing Eyes.' I can, like, see information about people. Names, quirks, ages, whatever!"

"Hm," Todoroki says. "Then what's his quirk?"

He points at Light. Misa looks at him strangely, and L rolls his eyes.

"Light? His quirk is Short-Term Clairvoyance, silly!"

"Of course she would say that!" L huffs. "The two of them are obviously working together to hide his secret!"

"We always work together because we're going to be hero partners!"

"Anyway," Kaminari says, laughing awkwardly. "Light, what's your hero name?"

"Hyperion, like the Greek god of light."

"Wow, you're so cultured," Kaminari says, blushing.

"Mine's Misa-Misa, if you wanted to know," Misa glares at Kaminari.

"Hyperion is the most pretentious name I've ever heard," L says. "It's clear he thinks of himself like a god."

"What's so wrong with that, huh?" Bakugou says. "My hero name is Great Explosion Murder God Dynamight."

"Wow."

"Not bad," Light smirks.

"Of course you would think that," L says.

"What's your fucking hero name then?" Bakugou yells, fists raised and crackling.

"It's L."

"So, just your name, then?" Yaoyorozu asks.

"Like Todoroki!" Midoriya says, jotting something down in his notebook. "Wow, you two really are kind of similar."

"Would that make us 'besties', Midoriya?" Todoroki asks. "Ashido, is that how I would use that?"

"Uh, sure!" Ashido says. "Todoroki, we really need to get you on Twitter. Or TikTok. Something."

"Oh, I love TikTok," Kaminari says. He turns to Light, eyes sparkling. "Do you have a TikTok, Light? I could follow you."

Kaminari leans in closer to where Light is seated in an armchair. Just as he's about to plop himself down on the armrest, Misa grabs his shoulder with pointed black nails.

"Let's go film a TikTok, Chargebolt," Misa says, her normally sweet tone becoming icy. "Light clearly doesn't want to talk to you, so you can, like, stop flirting with him now."

The room falls silent, everyone exchanging quick glances with each other.

"Well, this is awkward for you, Kaminari," Jirou says.

"Uh, I'll come with you guys!" Ashido calls out. "You'll need someone to film! It'll be done quicker, and then we can start our movie!"

"Tch, I'm not staying up to watch a shitty movie with you all," Bakugou scoffs.

"Aw, c'mon, man," Kirishima says. "Can't you wait a little longer?"

"No. I'm going to bed."

"Aw, is it past Blasty's bedtime?" Sero says.

"Fuck you, Tape Face!"

"Well I respect Bakugou's dedication to his studies. Getting a good night's rest improves brain functions," Light says. "A true hero should always make sure they're performing at their best."

"Everyone should listen to Shitty Quirk!" Bakugou says. "I'm fucking leaving."

Bakugou storms away, pausing to give Light a slight nod.

"Wow, Bakugou must really respect you," Midoriya says.

"Yeah, everyone respects me," Light says.

"Oh," Midoriya replies.

"Okay, let's pick a movie!" Uraraka says, trying to break the tension.

"La Vie en Rose!"

"Zootopia!"

"El Sexo de los Angeles."

"Todoroki, we're not watching that again!"

"Prince of Darkness."

"Mulan!" Kirishima yells. "She's so manly."

"I'm good with Mulan," Jirou says. "You guys need to start suggesting new movies. This is the tenth time Kouda has said Zootopia."

"Mulan it is," Yaoyorozu agrees.

"Of course you would agree with your girlfriend," Kaminari says.

"We're not dating!"

"Why do you never agree to watch my movie?" Todoroki asks, frowning.

"Todoroki-kun," Midoriya says gently. "Nobody really wants to watch that movie anymore. It's kind of... weird."

"Well, I liked it," Todoroki says. "Mineta would've wanted us to watch it."

"Todoroki ... we do not care," Jirou says.

"Hey guys, we're starting Mulan!" Uraraka calls out to the TikTok squad.

"We're a little busy right now," Misa says, the cheer back in her voice.

"No, please help me!" Kaminari yells.

The opening notes of Mulan start to play, drowning out Kaminari's cries for help.

-----------

random note from this chapter:
the movie todoroki mentions is a spanish indie movie that contains a lot of graphic sex (that's why mineta would have liked it) before you hate on todoroki for liking it, please know the movie is (unintentionally) hilarious and has an iconic throuple romance.