god is a misogynist

Light sits hunched over his desk, right arm moving furiously as he scribbles in the notebook before him. He flips the page, extending his arm dramatically before returning it to the paper. Misa sits on his bed, swinging her feet, while Ryuk lounges on the ground below her.

"Light, are you done yet?" she sighs.

"No, woman," Light says.

"What are you doing?" Misa whines. "You never tell me. I want to know! You only let me use my quirk to see people's names and tell them to you. If you didn't have my power you wouldn't be able to do anything!"

"Fine, if I tell you, will you shut up?" Light says.

"Yes!" Misa says, excitedly running over to him.

She attempts to lay her head on his arm, but is quickly shoved off.

"Our friend Bakugou gave us a perfect opportunity tonight," Light smirks.

"What do you mean?"

"Kira's next judgement will be Endeavor," Light says. "He's already at the school and if left unchecked, he'll ruin everything we've worked for. You don't want him to get in the way of my divine justice, do you?"

"No!"

"I knew you would say that," Light says, putting down his pen. "Bakugou didn't realize it, but he set himself up perfectly to take the fall for Endeavor's death."

"This is getting too good," Ryuk cackles.

"Anyways, I saw Bakugou leave the dorms a few minutes ago to train by himself. Endeavor arrived on campus a few hours ago— now is the perfect time to strike."

"Are you sure he's alone?" Misa asks.

"Positive. Everyone else in the class is in the dorm," Light says, pausing for a moment. "Well, everyone that Bakugou would actually want to hang out with, that is."

A rustling noise sounds out from the balcony, and Light spins dramatically in his desk chair to face the sliding door.

"What was that?" Light demands. "Is that you, L?"

"Light, it was just the wind," Misa says, without looking away from Light.

"Ryuk, go check."

Ryuk ambles over to the door and steps right through the curtain and window. He pauses for a moment, looking around. He bends down briefly, cackling. A few moments later, he walks back through the door, chewing on something.

"Well?"

"No, there wasn't anyone there," Ryuk says, with a chuckle.

"Ugh. I don't know why I even bother."

"I told you so," Misa says.

"Shut up," Light says. This is the first time in my life that I've been provoked to hit a woman.

Light closes the notebook, finished with his task. He removes the cartridge from a pen to open a secret compartment in his desk drawer, placing the notebook carefully inside. A small click signals that his trap is reset. He'd rather see his room burn than reveal the secret of his quirk.

"Soon, I will be the God of this new world!" Light proclaims. "And nobody, not even L, will be able to stop me!"