master chef todoroki

Midoriya leaves his room, struggling to put on his tie. He rushes past Tokoyami, trying to get to the kitchen to eat before he has to get to class. Once he steps into the common room he's immediately met with yelling.

"Shitty Hair, I thought I told you to watch the fucking toast!"

"Sorry, Bakubro!"

"Todoroki, it is unsanitary to use your hand to cook eggs for others to consume! I insist you stop at once!" Iida shouts at a bleary-eyed Todoroki.

He moves forward, trying to wrench the carton of eggs from Todoroki's grasp, but is promptly frozen to the floor.

"Did someone pick all of the marshmallows out of my cereal and eat them?" Hagakure shouts.

"Wait, do we have a test today?" Ashido asks, eyes wide.

"No, we don't," Kaminari says.

"Um, yes we do, we've literally been talking about it all week," Jirou says.

"Oh my god!" Ashido yells, scrambling to pull her notes out of her backpack.

"Do you think I can claim emotional distress to get out of the test?" Kaminari says. "I did have to watch my classmate die in front of me."

"You don't have to worry about the test anymore," Aizawa says, standing at the entrance.

"Sensei, I'm very sorry for the mess and the state we are in this morning," Yaoyorozu says. "If we knew you were coming we would have been more presentable."

"No need to worry about that," Aizawa says. "I have more pressing matters to discuss with you all."

"What? Did somebody else die?" Kaminari jokes.

"Yes."

"What?" Midoriya chokes on Todoroki's eggs.

"Everyone, come sit down," Aizawa says. "I am sad to report that last night around 11 p.m. Shiozaki from Class 1-B was killed in the woods behind this dorm."

"How did she die?" Uraraka asked.

"Her body was found charred," Aizawa says. "The trees around her were in the same state. Investigators are still examining the scene, but it seems fairly certain that it was some kind of fire or explosion."

Almost instantaneously, half of the class stares at Bakugou.

"What the fuck are you looking at me for?" Bakugou yells.

"You did threaten to kill her and explosions are your thing," Tsuyu says. "You can't blame us for thinking of you, ribbit."

"Not to mention, you are the only one without an alibi," Todoroki says. "We were all downstairs doing homework together while you were asleep."

"My alibi is that I was asleep, shithead!"

"I did hear something from your room last night," Light says.

"Oooh, my mistake, I went to the bathroom. I didn't realize that I'm not allowed to FUCKING PEE ANYMORE."

"We all know you wouldn't actually kill someone," Kirishima says, trying to calm Bakugou down.

"Do we?" Misa says.

"I'm going to fucking ki—!" Bakugou makes a valiant attempt at not threatening murder.

"Anyway," Aizawa says. "You won't be having classes today. You will all be interviewed again since it happened near the dorm. The police will come here as the campus is currently on a temporary lockdown. I know you are all worried, but you are capable students and heroes in training."

The room breaks out into anxious muttering as Aizawa exits the building. Bakugou storms upstairs, flipping Light off on his way. Kirishima and Kaminari run after him. L turns to Todoroki and Midoriya after the majority of the class has dispersed.

"Are you ready to believe me now, Midoriya? Something isn't right here," L says. "We need to find out what Light's real quirk is— and quickly. Right now, any one of us could be next."