Chapter 5 Up to old tricks

2 days later Zeiyrin notices that she doesn't make any new progress at all in her cultivation. It is like there is a plug stopping her from absorbing qi. She can feel some getting through but it is only like water droplets compared to the stream that was coming in before. She is aware that the higher one advance the slower her progress and sometimes you reach a bottleneck, but it doesn't feel like she has reached a bottleneck. Is it because of the seal?

"You are right, it is because of the seal," Wao says as he shows up inside her brain aging.

"I suppose that you are not yet powerful enough to break the next part of the seal." She says. "I am not, you can continue your cultivation without resources and once you reach the 8 stage of early-stage I can unlock the second part of the seal. Though it will take you at least 2 years to complete." He says. "Judging from what you are saying there is a second option." She says. "Yes, do you know about the cores of magic and demon beasts?" He asks. "Only that it can help with someone's cultivation and that you can only use a core from a demon beast if you practice demon cultivation thus it is useless to use as a means to help you with your cultivation." She answers. 'Well, that is the knowledge I have because of reading xianxia novels. I have no idea it is the same here, but it has been the same so far for the most part.'She thinks.

"Yes, and if you can give me 2000 cores from low ranking demonic beasts I will be powerful enough to break the next seal." He tells her.

'So he is a demonic cultivator.'

"How am I supposed to get 2000 demon cores? I may be strong enough to defeat low ranking beasts but there is a chance that I will encounter beasts of a higher level. And I don't think that the Wu family has any sense one is a demon cultivator." She asks him.

"That may be true but there should be plenty at an auction house that can be used to make low-ranking magic weapons. They are also cheaper than cores from normal magical beasts since there are so many and not as high demands as magic beasts cores of the same rank. The only question is how you could get them without money." He answers.

"... Don't worry I know how to gain some quick cash. Besides, I was thinking of testing on how much my body has improved in the field," Zeiyrin says with a mischievous glint in her eyes. '... Just what does she have up her sleeve?' Wao thinks.

Zeiyrin waits until bedtime until she strikes. That's when she sneaks out and jumps up to the roof. She then decides to jump from roof to roof just like a ninja. She then sneaks in the beachcombers of each of the Wu family's beachcombers except for the more else and Wu Zihe. She steals things like jewelry, scrolls and other things that seem valuable. Of Course, she only takes with her that is small and light enough to carry and also does not take too much. It takes a lot of her willpower not to rob all the riches of the Wu family, she is after all a kleptomaniac. It is only through hard training of discipline that keeps her from trouble. After all if not she could get in trouble.

'This place is really easy to rob, they don't even notice that I am in the same room as them when they sleep. It seems that the security here is nothing compared to my own world. Though I have the advantage of already living on the inside and not breaking in from the outside, I also avoid places where they store the more highly valued treasures as those are more heavily guarded and probably have traps and seals in these two. But still, they should have been more on their guard, Pft amateurs.' Zeiyrin thinks as she is on her way back to her room. Once she is back she pulls up a plank on the floor and hides the treasure underneath as she puts the plank back again.

'This was a success, my physical proves have improved a lot more than I thought. I don't have to worry so much anymore about getting sick of the simplest of wounds. Now all that's left is to auction out the things I stole and trade them for demon beast cores. Hopefully, it will be enough. But first, I must find out which auction house that does not belong to the Wu family and is powerful enough.' Zeiyrin thinks.

'I wonder if Wao knows anything?' Zeiyrin wonders.

"That I do ." Wao suddenly shows up and says.

"How did you know what I wanted?" Zeiyrin asks him with suspicion.

"You hurt my heart little lady, you really dont trust me?" He asks and if she could see him she would have seen him making doe eyes.

"Yes." She answers without hesitation.

"Och, you could have pretended that you at least thought about it. But no matter, since our souls are connected, I can vaguely sense what you are thinking about." He answers.

"Like mind reading?" She asks him. "Both eyes and no, i can sense a little bit of your emotions and what your emotions are directed towards, and in this case, it is: ' where I can sell this without getting caught.' I also can not feel something if you are not sure about that feeling yourself. I can only sense your confusion or your denial in that case." He answers. So I am guessing that you want to know where you can sell these stolen goods without the Wu family discovering that it was you who sold them:" He answers and Zeiyrin nods in confirmation.

"Well, that's easy. It just so happens that a powerful auction house from the Zhen family is nearby and sense the 2 families are rivals because they hold the same rank there is no way they would help them in any way. It would only benefit them if the Wu family did not find the thief in any way." He answers.

"That's great, I also don't think that anyone there knows who I am. Even if someone of the Zhen family is there, there is no way that the Wu family would let their rivals know of their embarrassment, that is Wu Su." She thanks him, now she only needs to find its location. 'Still, I would need I disguise just in case.' She thinks and she decides to steal some clothes from a servant who has a similar size in clothes. After 2 hours she finally managed to find and steal some clothes from a low-ranked female servant who probably was not hired long ago since she is only 14 years old. 'The clothes are a little big but it can be adjusted very easily as some of the few things that Wu Su actually own is a sewing kit. The main problem is that I have never done it before.'

"What are you doing?" Wu Su who suddenly appears asks innocently.

"It has been some time, do you perhaps know how to adjust this hanfu to fit me?"

Zeiyrin asks her with an uncharacteristic gentle smile that she rarely shows; it only appears when she is alone with someone who she trusts and is comfortable with.

It appears that Zeiyrin has come to have a little affection towards Wu Su probably because she is kind of a benefactor for her and can not pose any threat towards her even if she wanted to. Thus when spending a little time together it would naturally develop into a more friendly relationship. Even if that person is Zeiyrin.

"Of Course I can, it is one of the skills I have. I would always mend my clothes because I would never know when I would get a new dress. I haven't gotten anything new since I stopped growing." She answers kindly not realizing just how sad her life has been.

"How long will it take?" Zeiyrin asks.

"Oh, I will be done tomorrow morning if I get no interruptions." She answers.

"Then I will leave it to you, I will go to bed in the meanwhile," Zeiyrin says, which causes Wu Su to beam with happiness. She has never felt needed as she does now. Never has she ever been asked to do something for someone. This is 1 of the 3 happiest moments in her life. This is the moment she has decided that she will do her best to be of use for Zeiyrin even if she will have to suffer for it. Zeiyrin on the other hand is completely oblivious of this matter and would never have thought that this insignificant moment would be the beginning of Wu Su becoming her loyal puppy.