chapter 6 First exposure to the new outside world

In the morning the next day in one of the meeting rooms of the Wu Family. All of the adults who currently are home in the mansion have been called to a meeting. The elder looks at them coldly as he contains his anger. "So you're saying that you all have had your treasures stolen from you while you were sleeping in the same room?" The elder asks but none would dare to speak as they realize just how angry the elder is. Suddenly he slaps his hand at the table so hard that it leaves some cracks. "Aren't you all above second stage of middle cultivation, are you saying that you can't sense a stranger even when they are in the same room!" He screams angrily. Why do bad things happen lately in this family?

'First, that good for nothing almost destroyed his bargaining chip for the saint. Then he could not punish her in fear of gossip spreading around. Not only that, Wu Mao has shamefully fallen and gotten hurt by her own flame. And now this, can they be any more shameful?' He thinks as he watches them all as they dare not speak. The only one who has brought any good contribution to the Wu family lately has been his adopted son Wu Zihe. If this keeps up I will marry him into the family and make him the next family head.

Finally, someone starts to give him an explanation.

"Father, I don't believe this was made by a normal thief, or else how could he come to pass all the guards undetected and even steal right under our noses. It must be someone from the Black phoenix guild." He says as the thief being Wu Su has never crossed his mind. But who could blame him as one would think it was her.

The elder calms down as he thinks that it must be right but there is something that seems wrong with that answer. "It does make sense but doing it this way is not the black phoenix's style as its guild master has ordered that everyone from his guild would send a letter of challenge before stealing from anyone. He enjoys toying with his targets." The elder says.

"But if it is not someone from there who would be skilled enough to steal from one o the most guarded homes in the country?" The man asks and the elder is confused as well.

"... keep this incident a secret so it can not leak out and also make sure that this won't happen again, now you are all dismissed." He orders and they all heed his command. Though some are bitter about this decision as some of the treasures were rare treasures that would help them gain power. Another man has bought pretty jewelry he was planning to give to some favored girls at the brothel. With how much money he spent on them he made a big loss. This is of course a secret from his wife and even from other members of the Wu family. Over the front gate of the auction house is a big sign with the name of the auction house written in big silver letters. It says the silver tiger.

(Zeiyrin pov)

I wake up from my slumber then I see Wu Su watching me attentively with the dress in hand. " Miss Zeiyrin, I am done with the dress." She says quietly and hands over the dress to me. I immediately put it on to test if it fits. As I do this the girl watches me quietly and seems rather nervous. "It fits perfectly," I tell her and she beams with happiness.

"That's great, I am happy to be of help." She tells me with a smile that is as bright as the sun. "... Wu Su." I hesitate a little before I continue my sentence. " I have been thinking of telling Wu Zihe about our situation after the banquet, are you alright with that?"

Wu Su stays silent for a while and then says: "If you say it is alright then I think so too."

"I see, I will be leaving for a while. I will see you more some other time." I say and she takes the queue to leave. I pick up all the treasure I have stolen and put it in a bag that I can tie around my waist. I also use some cosmetics that I have stolen to alter my appearance just in case. After that, I check if everything is clear and I sneak out.