chapter 8 The banquet for the saint part 1

Zeiyrin wakes up by someone barging in at the door. She sits up to look at who barged in and it turns out to be 3 middle-ranked servants who are all women and Madam Kou. They grab her and drag her towards the bath to bathe her. Unlike last time the water is at least lukewarm and even used rose petals in the bath. They were also a little more gentle. They cleaned her from head to toe and later dried her hair and body. Then after they put on her undergarments they started to do her makeup. First, they made her face pale by using a white powder. Not much was needed since she was already pale. Then they used a powder to make her cheeks slightly pink. After that, they put on golden eyeshadow and black eyeliner. Then they painted her lips black. While the upper lip is fully painted the lower lip is only painted in the middle. Lastly, they drew on a huadian on the lower part of her forehead. While one of the maids put on her make-up the other 2 put on her hanfu and put up her hair.

                                             ( Her hairstyle looks like this but the ribbon is Golden

                                             ( Her hairstyle looks like this but the ribbon is Golden.)

                                                                                 (That's the huadian)

(That is what she is where only the shades of pink are yellow and the blue is a paler yellow. The embroidery is golden and the belt is also golden.)

They then escorted her to the garden where the banquet was held under the special orange plum blossoms. It is a rare breed of plum tree that only blooms orange flowers instead of the usual pink or white blossoms. This breed of there is was named Juzi lei or orange thunder. It is a species that was bred by the Wu clan's first wife of the second head of the Wu clan. She wanted the color of the blossom to represent lightning which is the Wu clan's main element. And as the color orange represents lightning it was the obvious choice. Now it is a tradition that when the weather is right all-important fests shall transpire under these threes when they are in full bloom. It is also the main wife of the family head's job to be in charge of taking care of these trees. If they ever while it would mean bad luck and the main wife would be kicked out of the family.

So it is only right that this banquet would be here. There are two rows of tables where the sets make people face each other on the other row. The tables are all low so you don't sit on a chair but on a cushion on the ground and each table can only fit 2 people. Of course, there is a special table in front of them for the head and his main wife and the end of the rows. And the closer one sitt to the head the higher you are in rank and favor to the family head. Of course, Zeiyrin's seat is the one furthest away, and is the only one who sits alone. Of course, when she entered every one of the Wu family either stared daggers at her or that of mockery. All except Wu Zihe who cared about her and the head that ignored her existence. Unfortunately, Wu Zihe could not sit with her as his place was on the second table on the right. This indicated that his rank was only second to the family head and some elders. 

Of course, when they noticed how she was dressed they were all surprised at the unique design and quality. But also when she no longer had dirt on her she was even more beautiful than Wu Mao who is considered the most beautiful beauty of the Wu family. Of course, no one would admit that after all, she may be beautiful but she is still useless. But that did not stop Wu Mao from feeling very jealous. But she knew that she could not cause trouble for her here in public or else they might not get any help from the saint. After all, he may take pity on her as an outsider. So if she was going to do something she couldn't do it in the open or something others would notice. So she could only hold it in. Besides she also promised not to bully her anymore so that she could focus on cultivating, after all her uselessness may rub off on her.

Zeiyrin sits down at her table and simply waits for the saint to arrive. After all, once he does the servants will bring food over. She looks forward to eating some normal food for a change. After all, they would not skip over her because that would make them look bad. At most, she will get cheaper and more simple food than the others.

Right then a servant comes as he guides 2 guests. One of them gives her a familiar feeling like the one who was watching her in the auction house. And the other is a man that looks slightly older than the other one. He has long silver hair, light brown skin, and silver eyes. He is wearing a pure white hanfu with a silver belt. He also has a very gentle air about him. Immediately the family head stands up to greet the gentleman with respect but when he sees the man accompanying him she frowns slightly but quickly hides it. 

"Master Saint, I am pleased that you could come but did not expect you to bring young Master Zhen Qi with you. I am afraid that I did not prepare a seat for him." The family head says pretending to be apologetic, of course, what he said was true so he could not fault him. " Please call me Chi Shiao and are you sure there is nowhere he can sitt, it doesn't have to be beside me. You don't need to rearrange something if there is." The saint says with a gentle smile. Not wanting to give in to a Zhen the head eyes twitch a little until he remembers that there is a free seat beside that thing. So if he can't make him leave he can give him the seat where the lowest of the low of the family sits.

"Well there is one but it is the seat furthest back, who could someone with his status sitt there? Besides the one who sits there has some brain damage making her act like a child who can barely speak." He answers obviously with ill intent.

"My old Wu, how come I did not know that you had such a pitiful grandchild? I have never seen or heard about her before." Zhen Qi asks as this has picked his interest. Normally he would not let someone bully him but this could be the one he saw at his auction house.

"Of course you haven't, she has been hidden because many would bully her otherwise," The head says acting like he cares. Of course, Zhen Qi knows that the reason for hiding her is that he thinks that she would bring down the Wu family's prestige.

"Oh, then you must be so worried about her, I will sitt beside her so that she can gain a friend." Zhen Qi smiles which is not the reaction the family head wanted. He wanted to see him embarrassed or enraged. That way he can blame him for misconduct and drive this uninvited guest out. Or at least see him suffer humiliation without being able to do anything about it. "Then I will let one of the events lead the way." The family head says with a fake smile.  " No need I can go myself." Zhen Qi says and strides over to sitt beside Zeiyrin. He smiles at her with interest and asks for her name. Zeiyrin glances at him with the thought in mind that he might the the person watching her at the auction house she knows that her acting needs to be on point. With the way he is acting, he seems to be suspecting something and she needs to prove him wrong. So she smiles childishly at him and answers. " Hello mister, I am Zeiyrin."