Chapter Ten

"Hello, my name is Cecil" your new friend greets your father, a polite smile appearing on his face.

Your heart pace picks up, already feeling worried for the curly light-haired boy.

"Cecil son of Albert, I know" Luis's grin widens, while his red eyes glare down on the boy.

"I wonder why you would think I hurt my own daughter?" Cecil chuckles.

"Because vampires hate humans and drink their blood, sir" Luis hums then grabs the young warlock by his neck, lifting him from the ground with one hand.

"If you ever enter my property or talk to my daughter ever again, I will skin you alive and throw you to the wolves, brat" you frown slightly at the threat.

"You know...I can sense her fear...her fear increases when you...are around...sir" Cecil says in between coughs.

Luis knows he cannot kill Albert's son due to the contract between the warlocks and vampires, however, it doesn't mean he is going to let the boy go without a warning.

"Let me repeat myself" Luis tightens his grasp on the boy's neck.

"If you ever come here or near my daughter again, I'm going to skin you alive and throw you to the wolves, understood?" 

The white-haired vampire wait for the answer, expecting to be met with agreement, instead, the boy disappears out of his grasp.

And appears beside you again, with a huge grin.

"Not going to happen, sir" Cecil replies cheekily before placing a kiss on your cheek then disappears again, leaving you all alone with your adoptive father.

"Little bast*rd" Luis sneers.

"You did not have to threaten him, he has done nothing to me, Papa" you explain timidly, adding fuel to his anger.

Yet, Luis chose not to snap at you, still thinking of Cecil's words about you being afraid whenever he is around.

Deep down, it bothered him that you are still afraid of him, even after all that he has done to you.

He wants you to love just like he loves you, even though he knows your love is a none match for his eternal love for you.

You flinch when Luis reaches out a hand towards you, he places it on your left shoulder.

"There is no need for you to be afraid of me, (Y/n)" you are surprised by how softly he is speaking to you.

He is not...angry at you?

Your tense shoulders relax, feeling no longer threatened by the vampire.

"I thought he was going to take you away from me...I just could not let that happen" he pulls you into his cold embrace.

"I do not want to be alone again, angel" you felt wetness on your shoulder.

'Is he crying?'

The moment he pulls away from you, your doubts are confirmed upon seeing his blood-stained cheeks.

For some reason, your heart swells with pity and sadness, seeing the once prideful man in such a state, your humanity refused to let you feel happy to see another who has hurt you sad.

"Promise you won't leave me, angel" 

You hesitate to answer at first, however, your hesitation does not last for long.

"I promise I won't leave you, Papa" Luis smiles, before embracing you once again.

"I am delighted to hear that, my angel"

His smile turns into a mischievous smirk as you hug him.

His plan on making you feel sympathy for him has worked successfully.

Manipulation has always been one of his tendencies to achieve what he wants.

                                         ------------

"The sun is going to rise soon, which means that the vampire is going to sleep soon" Christopher explains, standing in front of the manor's gate holding a crossbow with wooden bullets.

Ackley's hands shake while holding his crossbow close to his chest.

"I have a very bad feeling about this, master Christopher" the dark-haired vampire hunter sighs.

"If you have a bad feeling about this, then you should not have become a vampire hunter in the first place, Ackley"

Little did the servant know, his master also has the same gut feeling, this is not going to be a good day for them.

Nevertheless, kidnapping a child of an ancient vampire is a risky task, to begin with. 

"You should listen to your servant, dear Christopher" 

Luis approaches them from behind, his eyes narrowed and his fangs are sharp.

"You better get back inside or do you the sun to burn you to crisps, my friend" Christopher mocks.

Luis pulls out a watch from his pocket by its chain, examining it for seconds, then returning his attention to the hundreds.

"I have got exactly twelve minutes before sunrise, more than enough to turn you both into meals"