9 || late night drives

Wish I was aroundI just wanna make you happier, babyWe've been doin' all this late night talkin''Bout anythin' you want until the mornin'-Late Night Talkin', Harry Styles

Wish I was around
I just wanna make you happier, baby
We've been doin' all this late night talkin''
Bout anythin' you want until the mornin'
-Late Night Talkin', Harry Styles

Wish I was aroundI just wanna make you happier, babyWe've been doin' all this late night talkin''Bout anythin' you want until the mornin'-Late Night Talkin', Harry Styles

December 24th, 2012
Tennessee, USA

"Harley, tell me what's happening. Give me a full report." Dad says.

We drive along the pitch-black roads, the car once again on autopilot. I'm curled up in a ball, resting against his chest, as I attempt to catch some sleep. Using my powers back in Rose Hill exhausted me and I can barely even keep my eyes open right now. Dad runs one hand through my hair, keeping the other on the steering wheel just to be safe. Harley's on the phone, on loudspeaker so neither of us has to move to hear him.

"Yeah, I'm still eating that candy." Harley tells us, "Do you want me to keep eating it?"

 "How much have you had?"

"Two or three bowls." he estimates.

"Can you still see straight?"

"Sort of."

"If you spin around on your chair five times, do you throw up?" I ask.

"One sec." he goes silent, presumably spinning around, "Well, I feel sick, but I haven't thrown up."

"You're good, just keep at 'em."

"Alright, that's enough out of you, Harley. Give me J.A.R.V.I.S." he instructs, "J.A.R.V.I.S, how are we?"

"It's totally fine, sir. I seem to do quite well for a stretch, and then at the end of the sentence, I say the wrong cranberry." everyone's favourite AI explains, "And, sir, you were right. Once I factored in available AIM downlink facilities I was able to pinpoint the Mandarin's broadcast signal."

"What are we talking? Far East, Europe, North Africa, Iran, Pakistan, Syria?"

"I am not letting you carry me all the way to Africa whilst you're nice and comfy in your suit." I say.