24 || masks and murderers

What if I told you none of it was accidentalAnd the first night that you saw me, nothing was gonna stop me?I laid the groundwork and then, just like clockworkThe dominoes cascaded in a line-Mastermind, Taylor Swift

And the first night that you saw me, nothing was gonna stop me?
I laid the groundwork and then, just like clockwork
The dominoes cascaded in a line
-Mastermind, Taylor Swift

What if I told you none of it was accidentalAnd the first night that you saw me, nothing was gonna stop me?I laid the groundwork and then, just like clockworkThe dominoes cascaded in a line-Mastermind, Taylor Swift

February 2nd, 2013
Washington D.C, USA

Steve kicks Sitwell in the stomach, sending him tumbling along the concrete, as the three of us walk along the roof. "Tell me about Zola's algorithm," Steve demands calmly.

"Never heard of it." Sitwell lies.

"Mhm." I hum, "And what were you doing on the Lemurian Star?"

"I was throwing up. I get seasick." he keeps stumbling backwards toward the edge of the roof. He trips over the edge and almost falls but Steve catches him by his jacket, "Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof?" he laughs, "Because it's really not your style, Rogers."

I fake a wince, "He's got a point."

"Yeah, you're right. It's not."

We both glance back at Nat, "It's hers." we say in unison.

She kicks him hard in the stomach, sending him tumbling and screaming off the roof, "So, what were you talking to your dad about in the shopping mall?" she asks casually.

"Just letting him know that I might not be able to call him back for a while and that if he sees on the news that I'm a fugitive, there's no need to worry." I shrug.

Suddenly, Sam flies up, decked out in metal wings, and drops a shaky Sitwell down in front of us. We walk over to him and he holds his hand up in fear, "Zola's algorithm is a program for choosing Insight's targets." he immediately starts spewing information.

"What targets?"

"You! Both of the Starks, a TV anchor in Cairo, the Under Secretary of Defense, Elizabeth Castleton, a high school Valedictorian in Iowa City, Bruce Banner, Madlenka Avlestrov, Stephen Strange, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA. Now, or in the future." he sputters.