27 || friendship and forgiveness

Pack your dolls and a sweaterWe'll move to India foreverPassed down like folk songsOur love lasts so long-Seven, Taylor Swift

We'll move to India forever
Passed down like folk songs
Our love lasts so long
-Seven, Taylor Swift

Pack your dolls and a sweaterWe'll move to India foreverPassed down like folk songsOur love lasts so long-Seven, Taylor Swift

February 3rd, 2013
Undisclosed Location

Slowly, I push the large metal door open and step into the room, silently closing the door behind me again. A musty, damp stench lingers in the air, though I don't suppose she'll have noticed that,

There she sits, on the bed, wearing the same black leotard she was in when she attacked us. She doesn't even glance up as I walk in, keeping her focus on the concrete wall ahead of her.

A fake smile plastered on my face, I perch on the edge of the bed, "Hi." She doesn't reply or make any move at all, "Been a while." she nods slightly, which I'll count as progress, "So, uh... How have you been?" Once again, she doesn't reply so I just sit there awkwardly, sucking on my teeth. "Look, I need you to talk to me, okay?" silence, "Just a word, please." She maintains her silence so I close my eyes and take a deep breath. "You care about Bucky, right?" her facial expression doesn't change, "Please, Julia. I'm not here to extract secrets or hurt you or... I'm just here to talk to my friend."

Silence passes for a few moments before she finally speaks, "I'm not your friend."

Intrigued that this would be her choice of words to break her silence, I tilt my head to the side and look into her eyes, though she drops my gaze, "Maybe you're not my friend. Maybe you don't want to be. Maybe you want nothing to do with me. But I am your friend. I was twelve years ago, I don't see why anything should have changed."

She clenches and unclenches her fist, "We aren't friends, Aurelia. We weren't friends. We never have been friends. We never will be friends. It was a lie! All of it!" she snaps, the first hint of emotion I've heard showing in her voice before she calms down again, "It was just a job for me. I never cared about you."

"Well, the fact you still remember me all these years on tells me something else." she just glares at me. I ignore her sharp tone and keep my composure as best as I can, "How's Anya?"