13 || reunited

You're the girlYou're the oneGave you everyThing I loved-Just Hold On, We're Going Home, Drake

You're the girl
You're the one
Gave you every
Thing I loved
-Just Hold On, We're Going Home, Drake

You're the girlYou're the oneGave you everyThing I loved-Just Hold On, We're Going Home, Drake

Malibu, California
December 25th 2012

As Dad hangs a necklace around Pepper's neck, I look out over the lights of the city, thinking about what comes next. What comes after the fighting, after the pain: after the fire. As I glance over, I see the two of them resting their foreheads together and I smile at how perfect they are for each other.

Just then, I feel a light tap on my shoulder and glance back to see those big blue eyes that I think of every night. Steve wraps his arms around my hips and spins me around, before placing a passionate, lingering kiss on my lips. Reluctantly, I pull away and gaze into his eyes with a huge grin on my face.

"Hey." he breathes out, just before I pull him into another kiss.

"I've missed you," I whisper the second we pull apart again.

"Not as much as I've missed you." he pulls my head against his chest and I relax in his embrace.

I glance over at Dad, who stands with his arm around Pepper, "You like your Christmas present?" he asks.

Gawping, I look at Steve, then back to Dad, "This... was you?"

"Mhm. You like this new supportive Dad thing I'm trying?" he smirks, "Merry Christmas, munchkin."

My eyes soften as I smile at him, "Thank you." I turn back to Steve, "God, you're so handsome."

He pecks me on the lips, "Do you want to go for a walk?" he asks, eyeing Dad who's only a few metres away.

"I would love nothing more."

So, a while later, we walk hand in hand along the beach, waves gently lapping at the sand, almost hitting us every time. His hand is strong and rough with deep callouses, everything I remembered.

"I was worried about you, Ari."

"I know, you said... many times."

"I still am."

"I'm fine, Steve. Really. Don't worry about me, I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself."

"Can you though?"

"Stop stressing. I'm pretty, rich, superpowered, have a hot boyfriend and loving parents- what more could I want?"

"A house."

I slap his arm lightly, "Dick."

"No, I'm being serious. Maybe a change of scenery would be good."

"Yeah, yoga retreat in Cancun. Sounds brill."

"How about D.C?"

"I don't think the yoga's quite as good."

"No, but there is half of a moderately comfy double bed waiting for you along with a shared, reasonably sized apartment. All for free too, I may add."

My heart rate picks up a little and I furrow my brow, "What are you implying, Rogers?"

"Will you, Aurelia Maria Stark, move in with me?"

"To D.C?"

He nods, "To D.C."

"Oh my god, I mean we've only been dating, what, three months? And- and I've barely seen you even then and..."

When I trail off, he shrugs innocently, "We might as well try."

My hand finds its way up to his cheek and I trace his sharp jaw with my thumb, "How did I get so lucky?"

He leans down, his lips grazing mine and his warm breath sending goosebumps down my body, "Is that a yes?"

"It's a hell yes."

A message from the author:Football started again today so look forward to more of my post-game rants! Anyways, hope you all had a good day! Remember to vote and comment! See you all next chapter! (;

Football started again today so look forward to more of my post-game rants! Anyways, hope you all had a good day! Remember to vote and comment! See you all next chapter! (;

- Hannah xoxo

Word count: 563

Date published: September 17th, 2022