17 || morning talks and mass murder

I'm gonna fight 'em allA seven nation army couldn't hold me backThey're gonna rip it offTaking their time right behind my back-Seven Nation Army, The White Stripes

A seven nation army couldn't hold me back
They're gonna rip it off
Taking their time right behind my back
-Seven Nation Army, The White Stripes

I'm gonna fight 'em allA seven nation army couldn't hold me backThey're gonna rip it offTaking their time right behind my back-Seven Nation Army, The White Stripes

January 30th 2013
Washington D.C

Still in my pajamas, I stand in front of the bathroom mirror and aggressively brush through my hair. Steve walks in, fully kitted-out in his uniform and seemingly ready for work; he starts brushing his teeth, all the while, not looking at me.

"You still annoyed?" I ask, placing my hairbrush down on the shelf. He ignores me, "I'll take that as a yes then." I turn around to face the wall and begin to get changed, "I was just doing what I was told. I was doing my job, okay?" he doesn't respond again, "And I'm sorry if me  doing what I do upsets you in any way, but... You know me and..."

He spits out his toothpaste into the sink, "I don't care what Fury told you to do, it's what you didn't tell me."

With my dress on, I turn around to him, "Because I didn't know, Nat did. I just went along with it in the moment." I turn so my back is facing him, "Could you button me up?"

"Yeah, right." he scoffs, fastening the back of my dress.

"What?" I ask, moving all my makeup from the sink to the drawer behind me.

"You and Nat have been thick as thieves since before I even got out of the ice." he watches me in the mirror, "I think she'd tell you."

"Nat might be my best friend but she's also Nat, she doesn't tell me things I don't need to know." he looks unconvinced, so I wrap my arms around his waist from behind and rest my chin on his shoulder, "Steve, you know I'd never lie to you." I step around him and sit up, on the sink, slinging my arms around his neck, "Ever. You're too important to me. Okay?" he doesn't reply, "Okay?"

"Mhm." he lifts me off the sink and kisses me, "I got it."

"Good, because I kinda need a lift to work and your motorbike is the only alternative to public transport," I say, kissing him on the cheek and walking out of the bathroom.