Chapter 25: Her

Today's my first day and second night here in Melbourne. Zac and I are here with some of our workmates, to film and shoot something about an event that I'm basically not too worried about. I only assist some of them so I don't really bother asking about it. Karen told me that I can just stay in Sydney since I got another thing to mind, but I preferred staying with my team here and besides, in about two days from now, the photo shoot and all for that band I'm working with is going to happen here around Melbourne too. I guess I just want to get here first or maybe I just don't want to get on the road with stupid people inside a car or something.

The day is almost over and we're all starting to pack to get back to our hotel rooms and just plan whatever we want to do for the rest of the night. I heard that they were planning to go clubbing or party around some places, and I know I don't have a choice but to just go with them. I haven't been clubbing for almost five days since that night I woke up on my own bed that somehow felt wrong. Since then I promised that I will never ever get drunk again. Will I break that promise tonight? I'm not sure. But as much as possible, if the decision was on me, I'd rather just stay inside my hotel room and watch movies and eat ice cream until I fall asleep. But as I look around my workmates, everyone is so stoked to go clubbing and meet the people of Melbourne. I mean, what's so exciting? They're just Australians too.

"Hey." Zac approached and immediately wrapped his arms around my waist from the back, then gave me a peck on the cheek. I smiled. He's always like that.

"How's my favorite person doing?" He asked.

"I'm good," I replied, facing him. Our faces meet, making it just inches away from each other. He beamed a smile at me, making me do the same thing too. "How about you?"

Zac pulled away and sat down beside my stuff and started watching around him as I pack my camera and stuff. "Tired but satisfied. I mean," He paused. "Wow, we just did another thing. Thanks to your creative assistance."

I glanced at him and flashed him a smirk. "How would you be without me?"

Zac nudged me playfully, then reached out a hand to pinch my cheeks. He always do that, and for some reasons I don't get why. I don't know. Maybe it's just one of those things men do, I guess.

"Are you ready for tonight?" He asked, immediately changing the subject.

"Yeah," I looked at him, a smile forming in my lips. "As if I have a choice?"

It's not that I don't know what's going on between Zac and I. I completely know, but I just don't know what to call whatever are we right now. He's not my boyfriend, I'm not his girlfriend, and surely we're not even close to being a "thing". I don't understand why I let him hug and kiss me, yet I can't even call him something more than a good friend. I don't know. I'm happy when he's there and all, but I honestly don't feel anything towards him.

"What are you gonna wear?" He asked, making my eyebrows furrow. Was that even necessary to ask?

"I don't know," I laughed lightly, raising both of my hands for a reason I don't know. "This, like this, I guess."

Zac laughed and stopped immediately, probably after realizing that I may be telling the truth. "Are you serious?"

I looked down on what I'm wearing. A plain white shirt, and black ripped skinny jeans that I paired with my famous almost worn out black chucks. I admit, it's been so long that felt like a decade that I haven't wore this kind of outfit. But, this is me. I feel comfortable, I feel okay, I feel... me. I don't even know why I woke up feeling like it's okay to be who I was before but it just happened.

"What?" I looked back at Zac, asking him with a little tone of disbelief evident on my voice. "Am I not allowed to go out wearing this?"

Zac laughed lightly, his arms wrapping around me once again. "No, I mean, I just like it when you wear dresses like you always do lately."