Chapter 37: The Best Friend

"Whe-where are you?" I kind of shouted through the line, my lips shaking terribly that I couldn't stop my teeth from gritting.

"I went out with Ashton and Marco." Luke answered back, and by hearing the blaring sound of electronic pop music from where he is, I know he doesn't have any chance from saving me from this stupidity I got myself into.

"Why?" He shouted.

"Fuck." I muttured. "Never mind, bitch."

"What, why? What happene-"

I didn't even bother saying anything back and just dropped the phone call immediately. I can feel my fingers starting to get numb and my lips are probably turning blue by now. I started looking around and searched for help, but I couldn't see anything but the rest house being too far away from where I am and the sea being just a few feet away from me.

My fingers are being so hard to move as each minute pass by that I can't even think of what to do next. I tried calling Calum who's back at the rest house, probably sleeping or getting laid because there's no in between, but I got no answer. I tried texting almost everyone back inside the house but no one is even trying to care about me, not even thinking what if I'm already being eaten or being sucked up by dementors. I can feel my body slowly getting weak that I couldn't even run back. So out of a major frustration, I threw my phone away and ended up curling my entire body down the sand.

"F-fuck!"

Luckily it ended up just down the sand.

And a pair of white chucks. I tensed up.

"What happened to you?"

She sounded so caring but I know behind her voice, she wanted to crack up and start telling me how stupid I am. I looked up from where I was laying, and immediately saw her biting her lower lip, probably trying to stop herself from laughing. I smiled.

She sat down and helped me up. Without any doubt, she shared the blanket she brought with her and took both of my hands and put it close to her mouth. She rubbed my shaking hands until it became warm and comfortable, then just kept it locked inside hers. I remained silent, simply not knowing what to do but deep down inside me, I have a lot of things to say.

I held the blanket much closer to me, not intentionally making her move closer too but it just happened. I know I'm soaking wet but it seemed like she doesn't even mind at all. Her eyes kept looking back at the moon, then back to her hands slowling making mine warm enough. I don't know what she's feeling, and I knew even before that every single time that she's silent, something isn't right. But this time, for the first time, I just let the silence savour us. I kept my mouth shut.

After a few minutes of being completely silent, she decided to break it. "What happened to you?"

I breathed out then smiled a bit, somehow feeling comfortable and warm enough now. All thanks to her.

"It's kind of uhm- a funny story."

She laughed. "Everything is funny to you."

I started feeling a bit tensed and awkward around her. It hasn't been even three days yet since that night where we kind of fought, and I honestly don't know if she's still mad at me or not. But even with a lot of complicated questions inside my mind, I decided to just ignore it.

"Well I was having a late night run. I was listening to McFly and probably got carried away with the music so I didn't mind where I was running so I didn't really notice that a huge fucking wave was about to come and hit me. Then everything just happened. I honestly felt like crying."

Kristen laughed. I knew even though it seemed so rude, she would laugh. She always laughs at me.

Well at least by that I could make her happy.