Chapter 34: Him

"Are you leaving again?" Mali began talking, startling me a little then made my lips form into a smile that I don't know if it's a sad one or not.

"Tomorrow afternoon." I replied, putting another piece of shirt I need for the last sets of photo shoots we have for the upcoming week. "I still have the whole day today and tomorrow morning so we could still hang out. What do you wanna do today?"

I zipped my luggage into safety, then placed it on the other side of my bed before walking towards my sister and pulled her into a hug. With both of our crazy schedules, we barely get to see each other nowadays. I'm busy with the entire band stuff, and she's busy trying to pursue music as well.

"I don't know, maybe let's just stay at home, cook and watch films? Typical sibling bonding." Mali replied with a smile, her arms around my body tightening.

"Okay." I retorted, giving her a quick peck on the forehead before pulling away from the hug. "I might ask a friend to come over so we can have a real good time."

"A friend?" Her eyebrows furrowed, a sly smile slowly forming on her lips that somehow made me feel like I'm blushing. I don't know why but my sister really has that thing that makes me feel weird when we're talking about someone.

I chuckled. "Yeah."

Mali flopped down on my bed, causing my other things to fall off from it. I glared at her, trying to stop myself from cussing because I know she would just keep on doing it.

"You still like her don't you?" She asked, casually taking me back to my senses.

"Wha-what? Who?" I stammered.

"Stop acting like you don't know who I'm talking about, dumbo."

"We're good friends, Mal." I replied with a light laugh, trying to keep myself busy with packing again even though I know I'm already finished. "Maybe I just don't want to be that bitter guy, I guess. So we're good."

Mali laughed. "Yeah, because it's okay to kiss your friend. Under the rain, might I add."

I quickly turned my gaze back to my sister who started talking about the events the other day, making me feel like my entire body has electric bolts going all over it. I stiffened.

"What?" I blurted out.

"Nothing." She got up from my bed, a smile stuck on her face that somehow makes me feel uneasy. "I'm just- I'll just be in my room, just call me if you need something, okay?"

I felt the need to scratch the back of my neck, as on cue when my phone vibrated inside the pockets of my jeans. I suddenly felt a lot more uneasy.

"Okay." I replied, watching my sister close my door as the thoughts of why and how she found about the entire "kissing in the rain" thing.

I took my phone out of my pockets, a smile immediately escaping from my lips the moment I saw who the messages were from.

From: Krosten

Message: Good morning suckass lol

A laugh came out of my mouth, making me blush like a lovesick puppy while I sit down at the edge of my bed, typing away words to reply to her. She sends me a text first now, I thought.

Good morning to u too butt face :), I replied then hit sent.

What are u up to today? I added.

After a few seconds, my phone vibrated again.

From: Krosten

Message: idk maybe I wanna make pancakes today what about u