Chapter 28: Him

“Where you headin’?” I quickly turned my head the moment I heard Dave asking me something that made startled me quite a lot. It wasn't supposed to be that surprising though, but it turned out somewhat like that.

I put my hands inside the pockets of my jeans and gave him a smile. I don’t want to seem so awkward, or maybe obvious that I’m really trying to sneak out, but I’m actually making it all seem a lot like it already. “Just uh, hanging around.” I lied, not quite obviously though.

Dave shot me a curious look, and I looked away and started walking around before he could even ask me anything, or probably find out that I really am to something.

Taking the elevator would be really quite useful but as of the moment, I kind of jogged down the stairs all the way from the eleventh floor just so I could somehow ease the tension going on inside my system. I knew Dave could somehow sense that I’m lying to him, but I didn't mind it since I really don’t want him to come and tag along with me all the time and plus, I’m running late. I didn't want to lie to Dave, but this isn't just something I could tell anyone. I’m seeing her again, and I may not consider this as some kind of a “date” or something, I know they would still see it that way and if ever Glenn finds out about this, he will flip shit again and probably send me the fuck out of Melbourne and make me do shit back in Sydney or LA. That’s probably one of the many things that I don’t want to happen. I hate being manipulated, although I am being one since the day I got into this management.

My chest began feeling heavy as I try to catch my breath while running down the stairs. I keep cussing under my breath about why I ever decided on taking the stairs down instead of a goddamn elevator that could take me down within a few minutes. When I finally reached the ground floor, I paused for a moment and pressed my back against the cold hard wall behind to relax my nerves. I can’t stop breathing heavily, that I can’t help but just mentally punch myself right on the face for doing this thing. After a few seconds, I fished for my phone inside my pockets only to find out that I am being flooded with text messages from someone who is probably raging mad right now that her hair is actually starting to get on fire just like how it looks like.

From: Krosten

I didn’t change her name on my phone, not at all. I just think “Krosten” is better and it makes me laugh every time it appears on my phone screen.

Message: I’m on my way. I don’t want to wait for you so I went on my own

Message: I’m already here

Message: St. Kilda is fucking amazing

Message: Where you at

Message: Seriously where are you

Message: Calum

Message: What the fuck happened to 4:00 pm bitch you’re late

I let out a quiet but a real laugh while reading her text messages as I make my way out of our hotel. I knew that photographers and maybe some fans would be just around the corner, so I didn't hesitate to try and look for another way out of the building. I asked some help from a few people among the staff, and luckily I came across to some nice people among them that they helped me out to make my way through the back door wearing a large straw hat and my glasses that seemed to work quite a little to disguise myself from the paparazzi. I settled wearing my gray tattered The Beatles shirt that I paired with my usual black ripped skinny jeans and just a pair of slippers. I know this is how I usually dress up but I’m hoping way too much that I won’t get any attention since I don’t want that to happen even just a bit for today.